good well built keyboard with media controls? (also backlit keys if po

moomoopro

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
The backlit keys arent really neccessary. I just want something that has a good responsive touch, and good keys. I want something with a volume control(I'd rather have a wheel! I have this dell keyboard that has it and its alot nicer that using 2 buttons) with the other media controls such as play and pause.

And it needs to be on newegg. I was at a friends house and I tried a saitek but it felt kinda flimsey like the keys felt cheap? Maybe its just me and maybe im just used to this dell keyboard I have. Well, any suggestions? price is not really an issue.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Take a look at the Razer Lycosa. It's a little expensive but I can't say I regret buying it. It has touch sensitive media controls in the top right corner along with a USB, headphone, and microphone jack in the back. It also has a touch sensitive control for the backlit keys. The keys are rubber coated, laptop style keys that are very responsive. The key are also individually lit and are uniform brightness all the way across the keyboard. And if you ever find the need, most of the keys can be programmed to a macro using the included software. I love it. I've had mine for about 6 months and have had no problems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114004&Tpk=lycosa

moomoopro

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
thanks for the input guys. few questions though.

are those volume knobs on the Reclusa ? Theres 2????

and yeah i was looking at the razer lycosa and it looks really nice!

ubermoose

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007

I agree with this. The media controls work great straight out of the box. And the keys are fantastic, laptop style ones with low travel. The construction is very solid which is surprising with a keyboard this cheap.