New build and having alot of problems

kent4904

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Hey guys hope everyone is well....I got a few problem with my new build and was trying to find an answer.

BUILD:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz
MOBO: Nvidia 680i LT SLI
RAM: PC2 6400 DDR2 800MHz SLI Ready(2 x 2024)
HD: Western DIgital Sata II 160G
Graphics: 2 x 512 7300GT
PSU: 700w
Case: Ultra Grid

Problems:

1) It takes about 6-10 trys to finally get the computer to boot. If I have to restart the computer it will idle
down and stay there, never reboots. I then have to try to reboot it again another 6-10 times. Everything
is brand new except the graphics cards but I know they work because I took em out of my old build.

2) When I do get it booted up every once in a while my screen will go black on me and I will get a message
in red letters saying "out of range" I'm not familiar with this and have never seen it before.

3) Sometimes when I boot up the system I will get an error code during boot up that says the following:
WARNING! System is now in safe mode
Please reset CPU or Memory frequency in the CMOS setup
- I have also never seen this one =) I haven't changed any setting in my BIOs and dont plan on
overclocking the system.

I have tried everything I know of and I can't figure this out. Hope someone can help me out. I greatly appreciate any help I can get from you guys.

kent4904

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Well my BIOs does need an update and I am having a hard time doing that as well. I follow the directions step by step but it does nothing it is supposed to do. Website says to download a file then burn it on a CD then boot from it and it will flash the BIOs. I cant get it to work for some reason.

What else do you need to know about my mother board to see if it is compatible?
It is an XFX Nvidia 680i LT SLI socket 775