zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Hello,

Well, it's simple as it is:
* Do you have to put tons of fans in your case to make your pc colder? or older?
* Do you need to spend some $$ to buy some cpu or gpu extraordinary fans?
* Do you need to fly north and live there so your pc will stay cold?
* Do you belive that if you change your graphic or cpu and pay extra $$$ is better than OC? for sometime, maybe shortime for sure.. and after than put some $$$ for your new pus since your new gpu want power.... ect...
* Or do you need a fridge?

Well, I do have a problem with that, Do you?
so... let's burn the gpu, my 8600GT become old, and I know that it's dying slowly, but if i will change it... should I oc the new one too, and burn it too? or to give up pc's and go to console? no oc, no worry about that..

so, I did put some extra fans inside, but everything needs to be cooled, not only gpu or cpu, well you have your board that maybe will get mad, or your hard driver... or even your Rams that will demand to have fan and some type of cooling stuff too...
The same problem still..

ok, I will make it and put more coolers.. but do I have to make the *GENERAL unhappy?

so, do I need to go liqid?
or give up oc?
or quit gaming?
or invent something?
or to put my pc in the fridge and every compoment in my pc will be happy for a short time before they freeze to death?

Well, I do have fridge, do you?

ZooL

*General: psu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C2D8400,4GDDR2800MHZ, GAP43DS3l, POVGF8600GT, 160+640GBHD, 400WPSU

richardscott

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
well im a firm beliver of not buying sub par hardware and then upgradeing twice as often, to me your gfx cards is a piece of crap so i would swap it out then you will see the biggest gain for your money, your hardare isnt worth water cooling for the return you will get, as for gfx cards to buy id sujest the 4770 or 4850 depends upon ure budjet.

also dont put ure pc in the fridge as you will break ure fridge then ure pc and this is no joke seriously they are not designed to remove that ammount of heat.

console gameing is for people who play raceing games and sports games, you cant get a mmo on a console or a competative fps plus after u bought a xbox 360 u then need a hdtv to use it properly, if you cant afford to upgrade ure gfx card then use the tv out feature and lower the res and increace the detail then it will look as good as a console.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Well, Everything new now will become a piece of crap soon... you know pc stuff are in advanced.
I'll try to invent something... and if things went wrong, I would be happy if my GPU will burn.. I'm sick if it.. but once ago, it cost me alot..

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Ha! I would love to mod a fridge to be able to put my case inside for cooling purposes, however I would be concerned about condensation. If condensation wasn't an issue, I think it would be much better than water cooling, or even better combined with it.

g3force

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

I'm almost certain condensation isn't an issue. Condensation occurs when you have a cold object in a warmer environment with a humidity above 0%, but having a hot object in a cold environment will not cause this. I think your main concern is if the fridge is able to handle that about of heat output. Also, keep in mind that having a fridge do this will jack up its power consumption, since it will have the effect similar to keeping your fridge open all the time.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
There are many ways, but if I build a special case, like a box, wood or something, anti humidity, and put it on the fridge.. that will be cool.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
I bet anyone can put his computer in the firdge for 15 min. But this is good idea, this is something new, comeon community, think of solution, home made, enough spending dollors looking for some funny heat sinks names, (ninja, cooper, what ever ells..) be creative and do your homework..

Wayoffbase

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

True, but the 8600gt was kind of a piece of crap the day it hit the market... the more you spend today the longer it will last you.

As for the freezer thing, when the computer was turned off, frost would form on it. When you turn it on, the frost melts and then you have water all over the components. BUT... sink the PC in mineral oil, with a full water cooling setup installed, and put to radiators in the freezer... yea I've thought about this stuff too... 24/7 below ambient cooling with no condensation and a fridge right next to your comp to also store beer... if I won the lottery tomorrow that's what I would try.

EDIT: of course you need coolant that won't freeze, almost forgot

oc_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
That's something new, I've got some idea but hard to find the equipments for that, you have to make sure that your computer won't get effect with water... but I've been working and trying to get the best oc... not very good results, still the heat is the major problem...
once before I put 2 industrial fans inside, it can make a difference, power them from external hub.... but you can't oc too much.. and although some ppl can't afford to pay more to get new cpu or gpu for there computer to get more performance so they will never play new games.
meanwhile, you can do things 8600, play games on it like GTA4, Crysis... but you won't have fun... so put all the load on it (burn it) as you say until you'll get the gf295... and you have to make it cold too...
Maybe I can put my little brother's old pc in the freezer and see what will happen to it in 15 min...

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
maybe a facum cleaner over cpu? but for how long!
If I'll burn my gpu now, I have to pick another one, maybe go with ATI., but this is not the problem, we need a cheep & good solution to turn the heat for 70c to 35c.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009

IT will be Zero... I suppose... that could be recorded in genes..

oc_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

OC = Power (- Oil) X Heat = Pollution + $$
with this formula, I don't think will get the zero, even if you will put ice between the CPU and the MB.

Good Luck.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Get you 5 gallons of vegetable oil.. Submerge your system *leave your hard drives out*... Then put it in the frige. Wouldn't have to worry about any condensation. As oil thicker then water, should be able to keep your frige from burning right out as it would only have to cool the oil when it got warm, oil doesn't heat up fast.

i have no idea if that would work, but damn it sounds good =).

richardscott

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
your fridge will break period, it can only take out mabee 50-100w of heat but even then the compressor isnt designed to run 24/7. if you want cheap good sub ambiant temps then plumb some copper pipes under the ground and use water cooling.

g3force

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

There would only be frost if you allowed a large amount of water into the fridge prior to putting your system in it. I've left my system in a below freezing environment (my garage in the winter ;) ) and no condensation/frost occurred whatsoever. Secondly, sinking your system in mineral oil isn't going to prevent condensation, it merely prevents the accumulated water from touching the components (not to mention the actual sinking of the components is time consuming and messy).

oc_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

That's sounds like science, but experts needed with liquids.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009

Worth to try but ........., anyway it's sounds to be working, but could I use a smallest fridge? mini size instead.. convert it from inside and make a hole for the PSU, wires, not to make the fridge open. I have to make a plan on paper...

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I would diffently use a small frige.. Not to mention you can get cheap ones, and hey if it lasts a year cool.. If not.. owell it was fun trying.. I thought about it, but I'm putting to much money in my system to dip it in oil right off the bat.. Now as it gets older, and I want to oc more I'm gonna.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009

Ya Kingnoobe, its worth trying, you know it's hardly come when you buy and easy go when you burn it... lol...it's only needs time, but still need more opinions and ideas about that.. but I'm searching for a home made solution that won't cost u less than 100$ with coolder equpements, other wise there are plenty of stuff to make your pc coolder.

4745454b

Titan
So lets see, we are buying a fridge, modding it (you have all the tools already right?), risking the computer parts with condensation/water cooling, possibly (more like will) blow the fridge due to the parts not being designed to cool that much heat, etc, for what? Thats a lot of cost/risk for a slightly higher overclock? So you hit 4.2GHz instead of 3.6? You bumped your core frequency for your video card from to 830 instead of the OCed 775 that you were running? You realize that as soon as the next gen comes out, I'll be able to buy something that puts your setup to shame? (benchmark wise, not much beats a submerged PC...)

Don't get mad, just upgrade. Dump the 8600GT, and get a better newer card. The 4770 just came out, and is only $109. (or get the 4830 for even less.) This will blow the crap out of the 8600GT, and will be very good for your system. It will also cost less to own then a mini fridge running 24/7 as well as your computer.

zoolcomputers

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009

4745454b,
Thanks for the advice,
I'm sure That I'm not crazy, but our advance Tech. is the crazy one, the problem is that there are millions of people that we call them (Gamers) not (Extreem Gamers) comunity that can't afford to pay 100$ just to get new Graphic card... belive me, I live among them. they don't change there pc's for maybe 4-6 years.
They play crysis and COD4 on GF 7300GS and P4 1mL2Cash.. and they do enjoy games.
Me and you and many Extreem Gamers can pay 500$ for there ultra high end graphic and playing crysis on there 32" Plasma to have fun.. I'm trying to find a solution for me, maybe you, and others to do high oc on there very cheep old fashion pc's, with out burning there gpu or cpu...
but do you think if all users will get that 4770 or even the gtx295 will be resting? yes they will but after that, we will start OC again... and again..
Any others suggestions from comunity will be welcomed.
Thanks Again,

oc_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Yes, we can't always pay more and more to buy cooling systems costs too much but also there are many users with hundreds of ideas to make it real.
How much do we spend yearly on costume made pc, since every new game will come, it will required more power, more money, more technology.

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
If you won't to burn your graphic, then do it since you don't want it anymore. that how people learn, broke pc's.

4745454b

Titan
I was trying to point out that it would be cheaper to buy a new mid range card then do the fridge idea. It might be $100, but you'd probably spend that in lack of power savings for the card and fridge power use. (over the course of overclocking that card.)