Overclocking 4870 with ccc

So i've tried to overclock my hd4870 with CCC, but it won't change the GPU clock. The memory clock changes but the GPU clock, whether I change the value or not, remains at the same speed. I don't know why it won't change the GPU clock and i know you guys actually know your stuff, unlike me. So i ask you, what's wrong? How do i fix it?
4 answers Last reply
More about overclocking 4870
  1. Probably because the card is downclocking itself in windows. You probably won't see the card run at its set speeds until it enters 3d mode in a game.
  2. yep, that's it. thanks :D
  3. so it says that it is running at the highest clocks CCC will let me overclock to, but i don't see ANY difference in games. there's about 1-2 fps difference in crysis, far cry 2, and the gpu tests in 3dmark vantage. on counter strike source stress test there is about a 5fps higher difference. shouldn't there be a bigger performance difference from stock clocks and overclocked

stock clocks:
    750mhz core clock
    900mhz memory clock

overclocked:
    790mhz core clock
    1070mhz memory clock
  4. not with such a minor overclock, no...if CCC won't let you push it further it's most likely because the card can't handle it 100% of the time. If you're looking for more performance, you're going to have to slap another one in with crossfire.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking GPUs Memory