Nokia 6340i eBay phone: unlocked?

I downloaded the User Guide PDF and have "loose ends" od information.

Q. Is there a web site I can learn more detail about some of the
technical details?

Q. What does "Unlocked" Mean?

I found and changed the default "Security Code" and changed it.

That works okay.

I tried to do the exercise to request PIN for Power On.

I ended up with a request for PUK
It accepts the default PUK
then and asks for NEW PIN
and New Pin Again.
I have tried 4 digit pin, 5 digit PIN and 7 digit PIN.

It keeps taking me back to "Enter PUK"

How do I get out of this loop?

Carl
1 answer Last reply
More about nokia 6340i ebay phone unlocked

    > Q. What does "Unlocked" Mean?

    You can use the GSM half of the phone on other providers by swapping the sim
    card.

    > I found and changed the default "Security Code" and changed it.
    >
    > That works okay.
    Keyboard lock or security lock is not what most people are talking about,
    unlocked aka sim free means the phone will take any sim vs only one
    providers sim.

    > I tried to do the exercise to request PIN for Power On.
    >
    > I ended up with a request for PUK
    > It accepts the default PUK
    > then and asks for NEW PIN
    > and New Pin Again.
    > I have tried 4 digit pin, 5 digit PIN and 7 digit PIN.
    >
    > It keeps taking me back to "Enter PUK"
    >
    > How do I get out of this loop?
    >
    > Carl
    You may have locked your phone. After a number of failed wrong codes the
    phone may have to be unlocked by cable.

Cingular Internet Service Providers