Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Win8 SKU-3UR-00001

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
December 25, 2012 2:09:54 PM

As I currently understand, this sku is an upgrade version. (xmas present) Has anyone installed this version?
I do have a legit previous version of windows. The question is, if I want to install this on a new ssd (xmas present)
Do I have to install previous version of windows or will this upgrade version just ask for my product key from my previous version.
Here's the thing it's vista, (dont laugh) from what I understand, when you have vista installed and use this SKU, 3UR-00001. It's going
to whipe the disk and install win8. Which seems stupid.Has anyone used this SKU and has done an clean install and the installer just asks for a previous sku. Why I say it's stupid, win8 gets corrupt, maybe you have to install vista, win8 says ok, wipes vista...........get what im saying folks.

More about : win8 sku 3ur 00001

December 25, 2012 2:36:17 PM

Buy a new windows 8 .its just a upgrade pack And also ask some money to upgrade from vista to 8.
December 25, 2012 2:39:49 PM

Because every time u want to formate system first install vista then activate it update to win8 then activate it.so it takes more time Everytime.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 26, 2012 10:55:25 AM

Do you have this version? The real question I guess, will it just ask for the previous product key.
December 26, 2012 12:37:42 PM

hytecgowthaman said:
Buy a new windows 8 .its just a upgrade pack And also ask some money to upgrade from vista to 8.


hytecgowthaman said:
Because every time u want to formate system first install vista then activate it update to win8 then activate it.so it takes more time Everytime.


@hytecgowthaman: Stop to create doble post in the same thread, use the edit button for add or remove additional comets to your reply.

@nsboston103:

The update disk allow the clean installation from zero, you only need follow the step of the installation process.
December 26, 2012 12:53:45 PM

saint19 said:
@hytecgowthaman: Stop to create doble post in the same thread, use the edit button for add or remove additional comets to your reply.

@nsboston103:

The update disk allow the clean installation from zero, you only need follow the step of the installation process.


Have you done this yourself, with the sku I mentioned? If not can you post where you got your information.
If I had a brand new drive, does the upgrade disk ask for old product key?
I did read the other post about editing the registry after you install.Some people had success others didn't.
!