ncomputer

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I have a MSI Platinum P6N motherboard and am having trouble setting up raid. I have 4 SATA drives installed, and I want to have them as 2 Mirrors. In bios, if I set them up as SATA and RAID, nothing happens on boot up except I get a blank screen with a blinking cursor. In bios, if I select IDE, then the computer boots up, but without RAID--it shows 4 separate drives. I have tried everything I can think of, and I've built many computers, but this is the only one I haven't been able to set up RAID on. I don't really want or need a computer with 4 huge drives on! I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thanks!

ncomputer

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
I actually worked on it a lot yesterday and got to the point where the array is set up and I need to load windows. I press F6, and windows xp asks for the driver disk in "A", but when I put the disk in, the light comes on (the disk drive) and just stays on, spinning the disk around. It's an all-in-one floppy/card reader, but I can't figure out if there's a problem with that. I've tried 4 different copies of the Raid Driver, so I'm pretty sure it's not that.