jpj

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2003

Just downloaded a screen saver and don't want it. Having trouble deleting
it. I went to file search to no avail. Suggestions?

Hi,

What sort of trouble deleting it? Please be specific in how you installed it
and how you are attempting to removing it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JPJ" <JPJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just downloaded a screen saver and don't want it. Having trouble deleting
> it. I went to file search to no avail. Suggestions?

First look in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

If not there you can delete it in :\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

JPJ Wrote:
> Just downloaded a screen saver and don't want it. Having trouble
> deleting
> it. I went to file search to no avail. Suggestions?

Try doing another search in the search engine in this format:
<name>*.*
Hopefully, it comes up with a *.scr file (screensavers extensions).
Find the one you want to delete and delete it.

If that doesn't work, try and see if there is a uninstall tool for the
screensaver. Check the Add/Remove programs from the Control Panel to
see if there are any.

Last resort, try downloading this tool I found on the Internet. I
haven't tested it so please use at your own risk.

Last word of advice, please do not download all sorts of screensavers
because many of them contain all sorts of spywares and adwares that you
probably do not want in your computer system. Good luck pal.

--
Evolution54

Evolution54 Wrote:
> Try doing another search in the search engine in this format:
> name*.*
> Hopefully, it comes up with a *.scr file (screensavers extensions).
> Find the one you want to delete and delete it.
>
> If that doesn't work, try and see if there is a uninstall tool for the
> screensaver. Check the Add/Remove programs from the Control Panel to
> see if there are any.
>
> Last resort, try downloading this tool I found on the Internet. I
> haven't tested it so please use at your own risk.
>
> Last word of advice, please do not download all sorts of screensavers
> because many of them contain all sorts of spywares and adwares that you
> probably do not want in your computer system. Good luck pal.

So dumb, I forgot to give you the site for the tool I found:
http://www.screensaver.tierranet.com/tool/

--
Evolution54