Jan 23, 2008
Could someone post a link to a good case that has the following:

1.) Under $110 dollars
2.) Has a top fan opening
3.) Has NO door covering the drives that needs to be opened
4.) Has a side window

I have been looking around, and so far the only one I can find is this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

However, it is just out of my price range, and I would like something else to compare it to with the above criteria.

Thanks guys

Your link is wrong. If anybody is wondering, it points to Antec 900, once you clean up the syntax.

Check out the NZXT Tempest.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146047&Tpk=NZXT+tempest

Actually, the Antec 900 is $120 after free shipping, while the Tempest is $100 with $28 shipping, so the Antec is cheaper anyway. Shop around.

www.buy.com has the Tempest for $94 with free shipping, but it's out of stock right now.
http://www.buy.com/prod/tempest-9ba...-pwr-aluminum-midtwr/q/loc/101/207937989.html

I also think front doors are an irritant, even if I don't use my optical drive all that much.
The Apevia X-Gear meets your criteria, for $55. One is here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144042
Look over the reviews. They aren't all that consistent, which raises some quality issues, but this case does have what you want. The PSU is a throwaway, and you'll want to buy proper and/or additional fans. In that price range, I'd consider one if I wanted a window.

I still like the Tempest more. A lot roomier, and it already has 4 120mm fans and two 140mm fans. That's like $70 worth of fans, I guess.

So true about front doors. I have one at work in a Sonata 3, VERY annoying. I wonder why Antec does things like that. Don't they have focus groups or polls or something to tell them what people like and don't like?

rammar16

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
i would say either the nzxt tempest or the antec 900 personally i like the 900 a
little better and they really are the same price just look around i have seen the
900 go for 100 bucks with free shiping and a 20 dollar rebate so just depends on where you look and what you find on sale... as to cooler master they are great my absolute favorite case right now is the black CM stacker 830 the only problem is it is alittle expensive for any mid range build so...

hope this helps

pont

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004
i think the Tempest is the better choice.if only for the water cooling options built into the case.

a 120x2 rad mount is already built into the top of the case . plus it has great air flow and is roomy

what more could any one ask for ...ive seen it under 100 bucks but you,d have to look around

Chimera6586

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I agree, I want the Tempest.

Problem is I can't find it for less then $120 (including shipping)

Can anyone provide a link with a best price?

sailer

Splendid
I problem with the Apevia cases is that they have noisy 80mm fans. I know, because I bought one and the fans are louder than my 4870 video card. If an Antec 900 can be found at a decent price, I think its a lot better case, based on having one of those as well.

I pretended my code is 90210 (that's the only valid US code I know, from some stupid sitcom I watched 20 years ago; it's in California). It added $37.50 shipping. Yuck...

TBH I'd prefer the RC-690 for myself, but that's because I prefer cases without windows and lights. My TJ-09 does have a window but trust me I look at the monitor a lot more than at the window.

particleman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=CA-3052BL&c=pw

This doesnt have a top vent...but it is a really sturdy case. I have the big brother of these, and the venting and cooling and space is perfect and the price is right. And that huge side fan also can reverse for cooling needs.

Shipping is based on size and weight.

I live in PA as well, and the heavier the item...the more costly.....so I search for free shipping constantly haha

Cheers

-PM

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007

They do, and a lot of customers like to have the door on their computer. Fortunately for people like you, they provide a choice of different models.

Hmmm, very nice find, but it is missing the side window the OP wants.

I had an Apevia X-QPACK2. I thought the fans (front 80mm, rear 120mm) were very nicely quiet; those and the case speaker I think were the only things I saved from it. I like some of their designs, but I'm not sure how consistent their quality is.

Unfortunately for people like me, sometimes the boss picks a case type and orders it for everybody in the company. OK, OK, I promise I'll stop whining now :)

I'm still using a miserable Dell G260 at work, that I've had for some 6 years. I figured it made more sense to spend $45 of my own money last year to upgrade the RAM to 1GB than beat the dead horse of a replacement.
Thankfully, that is finally about to happen. I believe the new one will be a dual core with 2GB of RAM.