CPU Configurations on BioStar TA790GX 128M HELP PLEASE!!!!????

tjshadyluver

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I have a BioStar TA790GX 128M Mother Board. What are the differences between the CPU Configurations? Configure 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc. What do they do? Or where can I find out detailed bios info for the BioStar TA790GX 128M?

tjshadyluver

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
LOL we have a smart ass! ok first of all i am one of those guys that does read the manual and it says nothing about it in there. So that is why i came on here to ask and for the post before the ass it is in the T-Power section of the bios. right under the cpu fsb

4745454b

Titan
Sorry, I don't find him an ass. If you want "detailed bios info for the...", its in something called a manual. If you read it, it will tell you many wonderful things about your motherboard. If you read it and it didn't tell you want you wanted, the one that shipped with your motherboard might be outdated. Try downloading the manual from Biostar's website.

Pure guess. If you have a bunch of sequential numbers that might relate to "CPU configurations", they are either preloaded overclock settings, or loadable overclock settings. But seeing as I don't have that board, didn't read the manual, and have no idea what a "T-Power section" of the bios has as option, this is just a guess.

JJackson

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Yes he's an ass. I own this same board and I HAVE READ THE F'ING MANUAL ten times over and there is absolutely no information on what any BIOS settings actually do in the whole F'ING MANUAL! The entire BIOS information section of the F'ING MANUAL details only what settings are available without any description of what each of these available settings actually do! NO DESCRIPTIONS WHATSOEVER! It's the most useless F'ING MANUAL I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Here's one of the priceless gems extracted straight from the manual:

Supported CPUs:
This AMI BIOS supports the AMD CPU.

Here's the full extent of the manual's wisdom on the cpu configuration item:

CPU Configuration
This item shows the CPU information that the BIOS automatically detects.

Of course that item does nothing of that sort whatsoever, it simply says available settings are "CPU Configuration 1", "CPU Configuration 2", etc.

Good luck gleaning some useful information from that! If you can then please explain it to us lesser beings who are unable to divine information from thin air. Meanwhile quit being an ass and telling ppl to READ THE F'ING MANUAL.

Here's a link if you care to read the most useless manual ever written in the history of man:
http://download.biostar.com.tw/upload/Manual/A78DB-A2T_A78DC-A2T_A78DE-A2T_080820_B.zip