To recover a deleted drive

raisaldanha

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
i had 3 drives C,D and E where E wasn't the partition of any drive. but my friend by mistake deleted it. it was around 5GB. i tried a lot to recover but am not able to do so. please help me and tell me what to do how can i get that 5 GB back?

sub mesa

Distinguished
Try to use some datarecovery programs, there are lot of them just Google for "datarecovery windows". You need one capable of finding deleted partitions, after which normally you can recover all your files again.

foxy_roxy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
As JackNaylorPE said you seem to be confusing drives with partitions.

If the "deleted partition" is empty you can try to "recreate" the partition by using the partedmagic live cd.

On the other hand if this deleted partition had files that you want to recover you can use the free partition find and mount sw downloadable at http://findandmount.com/

Hope this helps :).

avtoritet

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

The best unerase program i have ever used is Advanced File Recovery. It really does an amazing job. It's the best file restorer i have found, and it's not expensive compared to other similar tools. It restored and gave back me about 3GB of data after Windows had deleted partitions, i had formatted them and even installed new Windows. It restored all my data that I had lost.