Got a 6600/6230 and a Palm device??

September 23, 2004 2:03:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Have you got a Nokia 6600 and/or Nokia 6230 and a Palm device, that you wish
to connect (telephony, data wise)?? (bluetooth is NOT an issue).

Then you may need a driver for your phone, so that it can communicate with
your Palm device??

Tough.. There isn't one!!

I am aware that others have had a similar response, but the more that
communicate with Palm, then MAYBE we stand a chance??

Mailed Palm the other day, and this was their response.

More about : 6600 6230 palm device

Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:42:20 AM

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
> Have you got a Nokia 6600 and/or Nokia 6230 and a Palm device, that you
wish
> to connect (telephony, data wise)?? (bluetooth is NOT an issue).
>
> Then you may need a driver for your phone, so that it can communicate with
> your Palm device??
>
> Tough.. There isn't one!!
>
> I am aware that others have had a similar response, but the more that
> communicate with Palm, then MAYBE we stand a chance??
>
> Mailed Palm the other day, and this was their response.

there was a similar problem with the nokia 6230 and HP/iPAQ...HP released a
patch and now I'm cooking with gas
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 2:24:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

Seems like HP prefer to keep their customers happy.

Palms idea seems to be that their customer base "can just wait til Palm are
ready to sort it", with no regard to urgency, or the sanity of their users!!

"I'm still cooking over a camp fire!" :-))

Cheers

"Alistair" <forget_it> wrote in message

> "Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
> > Have you got a Nokia 6600 and/or Nokia 6230 and a Palm device, that you
> wish
> > to connect (telephony, data wise)?? (bluetooth is NOT an issue).
> >
> > Then you may need a driver for your phone, so that it can communicate
with
> > your Palm device??
> >
> > Tough.. There isn't one!!
> >
> > I am aware that others have had a similar response, but the more that
> > communicate with Palm, then MAYBE we stand a chance??
> >
> > Mailed Palm the other day, and this was their response.
> >

> there was a similar problem with the nokia 6230 and HP/iPAQ...HP released
> patch and now I'm cooking with gas

September 30, 2004 4:27:33 PM

On 2004-09-22, Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
> I am aware that others have had a similar response, but the more
> that communicate with Palm, then MAYBE we stand a chance??
>
> Mailed Palm the other day, and this was their response.

I agree. Maybe you could provide us with a contact address?

-m
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 4:45:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:27:33 +0000 (UTC), martin f. krafft had this to
say...

> On 2004-09-22, Kevin I Chapple <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
> > I am aware that others have had a similar response, but the more
> > that communicate with Palm, then MAYBE we stand a chance??
> >
> > Mailed Palm the other day, and this was their response.
>
> I agree. Maybe you could provide us with a contact address?
>
> -m

Lazy
<http://www.palmone.com/us/support/using.html&gt;

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops (More info?)

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in

> Have you got a Nokia 6600 and/or Nokia 6230 and a Palm device, that
> you wish to connect (telephony, data wise)?? (bluetooth is NOT an
> issue).
>
> Then you may need a driver for your phone, so that it can communicate
> with your Palm device??
>
> Tough.. There isn't one!!
>
> I am aware that others have had a similar response, but the more that
> communicate with Palm, then MAYBE we stand a chance??
>
> Mailed Palm the other day, and this was their response.

This February I got a Palm T3, it was soon evident that my 6600 could not
connnect with T3 other way than as generic BT or IR phone, losing dial-up
etc.
Mailed Palm like you did in March, thair answer was that there was not
enough demand from 6600 owners for Palm to work on a proprietary driver.

They suggested to wait for new releases of Phone_Link_Updater.
So far no new release came up.
Kept mailing Palm till I got bored.....

Maybe is this the answer?
Palm = Poorly Assisted Losing Mankind?