Best Brand For Quality CD/DVD?

13 answers Last reply
More about best brand quality
  1. TDK is a reliable brand.
  2. cmichael138 said:
    TDK is a reliable brand.

Anything else? If not, I'll go with the TDK.
  3. I've never had any problems with Maxell, Sony or Verbatim.
  4. I have been using Verbatim exclusively for the last 4 years. No problems with either DVD+R (4.7GB) or DVD+R DL (8.5GB).
  5. Avoid Memorex.
  6. jaguarskx said:
    I have been using Verbatim exclusively for the last 4 years. No problems with either DVD+R (4.7GB) or DVD+R DL (8.5GB).

Alright, I'll check them out.
  7. Verbatim is a great brand. i have burned thousands of dvd and i would say that they are the best but expensive.

i recently switched to ridata from newegg and they have been great and cheep. i have used them for at least a year now and have had a few problems with data retrieval but i am not sure that it was the media at fault.

remember that the burner you use has a lot to do with reliability, not just the media.
  8. superhighperf said:
    Verbatim is a great brand. i have burned thousands of dvd and i would say that they are the best but expensive.

i recently switched to ridata from newegg and they have been great and cheep. i have used them for at least a year now and have had a few problems with data retrieval but i am not sure that it was the media at fault.

remember that the burner you use has a lot to do with reliability, not just the media.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I forgot completly about this thread :) I'll go see what you reccommended, and get back to you.
  9. I've had good luck with LG, Verbatim, and TDK. Avoid Memorex, as sminlal said above though.
  10. Alrigty then. I'll go with the TDK ones, they seem to be the cheapest out of the bunch. Are they any good for their DVD's? I want it to store data for at least a few years.

Regards.
  11. Hmm, I just checked and Verbatim is a few bucks cheaper then TDK, should I get those instead? Are they a match to TDK?
  12. anyone?
Ask a new question

Read More

Optical Media Philips DVD TDK CD-Rom Ebay Storage