Gigabyte EX58-UD5 Motherboard

hootster

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Hi everybody--the ole hootster here. I posted a question last week reguarding the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 mobo / Intel 920 icore processor. Nobody offered any answers, so what do you do? Why--youkeep messing around with stuff and see what happens, of course. I kept being presented with that "red panel" for the BCLK values, but wouldn't let me change anything. Couldn't key in directly no matter what gigabyte said. I called my buddy and he came over with a new 965 "extreme" icore processor he was getting ready to use. We dropped that one into my mobo, and same damn thing. No adjustments were forthcoming, BCLK OR multiplyer increases. We flashed the mobo to the latest Bios (F6) and still nothing. We were thinking about this and drumming our fingers on the desk top when I accidently hit the "numbers" key pad on the far right of my key board. VIOLA!!! For some weird reason, the number "2" will Increase the above items and the number "9" will Decrease everything. There is nothing in the gigabyte manual about this and a tech support call to gigabyte also produced nothing. Just thought I'd throw this out in case anyone else is experiencing the same problem with this mobo. My keyboard is the "DAS Keyboard".

r_manic

Administrator
Thanks for this... if what you say is true, that doesn't make any sense. If it was the 3 and 9 (Page Up and Page Down respectively), then it wouldn't as confusing as you make it to be.

hootster

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Thanks r_manic--you are absolutely right. It IS #3 ( up or increase ) and #9 ( down or decrease ), but one still has to wonder why the manufacturer of this board would not know this when asked and why it isn't stated in the owners manual. I know--just one of those things concerning MoBo's and why we have both forums and decent people like yourself. Many, many thanks. For the record: 6 sticks of Corsair triple channel Ram, iCore 920, Cooler Master V8 cooler, Evga GTX 280 graphics card X 1, ABS Tagon 1100W PSU, Corsair ram cooler, twin 300Gb Velociraptors in Raid 0, and all stuffed into the Antec 1200 case. Currently rock stable @ 4.0Gb for one day.

random667

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2006
I also ran into the "red panel for the BCLK values, but wouldn't let me change anything" problem , then I realized the Num Lock on my keyboard was turned off. :whistle:

hootster

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009

DITTO, random667--I was wondering why that little blue light was lit on my keyboard. The "Great Red Panel Mystery" for Gigabyte motherboards has now been officially solved. Thanks to yourself and r_manic. You guys are the BEST. :hello: