HD 4870 back in stock @ NewEgg

As soon as you go to check out it removes it from your shopping cart due to insufficient quantities :fou:

Luckily CF 4850 seems like a great alternative for ~$60 more (volume discount of $10 a card)

cappster

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
It shows being in stock on the page where all 4870's are listed but once you click on the link it shows it being out of stock.

It had me fooled for a while last night to.
Tried to order a pair of them before I went to sleep.
Didn't see an ETA last night but I guess it is a good thing I went forward ordering 2x 4850 as I will be leaving the states again on the 3rd.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I was able to snag a sapphire last night but the same thing happened...I tried to tell people about it and then they were out of stock again. Mine is stuck in stage 3 today so I think it might be some sort of waiting list kind of thing. I am queued I guess...who knows.

The 30th must be the big national shipment.

It was probably me. Diamond has a place on my personal "Do not buy" list for a buggy/defective product, broken web site, unreachable and/or incompetent tech support, etc. No thanks, not if it's $50 less and includes a copy of GW2.

Avenger_K

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007

^Yeah it must have been you, sorry about that lol. Edited original post......at least I got the "jt" part right :p...

sdrac

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2007
Spinach,
You asked about experince with ewiz. I bought my 3850 through ewiz. At the time I got the cheapest price on it that I could find on the web and it arrived quickly. No problems.

sdrac

kad

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008

Somehow disappointing news
Running at 83 degrees with COD4
Man!!!!!!
That's too much
what's happening to ATI ??

As long as it runs cool enough to stop from throttling my performance and lasts long enough for my next upgrade cycle to come around the temperature dose'nt bother me one bit. If you want to lower it a bit remove the stock cooler, clean and replace the thermal goo with something AS5 or better. I have heard that this is the quickest way to lower the temps 10-15C.

kad

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2008

Anybody here did it
Frankly I dare not strip a brand new 300$ card out of the box to do it
and I will not change my graphic card every 6 month
usually I do it every 2 years
lets wait and see the improvement
I'm sure manufacturers will use different coolers to solve this problem
and could be a driver issue though I doubt

TRENDING THREADS