Your question

Feeling Vindicated for buying 8800GTX

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Power
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
June 26, 2008 8:31:31 PM

So, to preface I am not a fanboy. I just feel like ranting about the power. So I bought an 8800gtx a few months after it came out.....and later on down the road, like a year, i bought a second one. And wherein more economic options have come out, (8800gt), I am still impressed by this card. If you look at the benchmarks comparing it to the new 280's, this thing still holds up murderously except.......it is several years old........lol. So my two in sli put a big hurtin on almost anything......now that is value for your cash. ;) 

More about : feeling vindicated buying 8800gtx

June 26, 2008 8:39:54 PM

hypocrisyforever said:
So, to preface I am not a fanboy. I just feel like ranting about the power. So I bought an 8800gtx a few months after it came out.....and later on down the road, like a year, i bought a second one. And wherein more economic options have come out, (8800gt), I am still impressed by this card. If you look at the benchmarks comparing it to the new 280's, this thing still holds up murderously except.......it is several years old........lol. So my two in sli put a big hurtin on almost anything......now that is value for your cash. ;) 

Well put, but if Monsta sees this thread he will be like: "OMFGWTFBBQ, see nvidia is l33t pwners, see, see I told u all!"

Such a pathetic crack-whore, I now of better crack whores, but alas Monsta has gotta be one of the worst...

June 26, 2008 8:40:05 PM

That's the privilege that comes with buying expensive high end GPU.....
a c 131 U Graphics card
June 26, 2008 8:46:41 PM

@ hypocrisyforever.

Im also not a rabid fanboy buy do favour ATI cards. Having said that the GTX has to be the defining GPU since the move from the x**** and 7*** cards. It holds up really well as you have said and it sonly now that cards that can chalenge it have surfaced. Credit where its due Quality card :) 
Mactronix