hawler

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest/help me find a dual monitor DVI KVM switch. Ideally it would support 2 DVI Monitors USB keyboard and mouse and 2.1 sound.

Only my gaming PC requires 5.1 so i though I would just run it directly to my 5.1 headphones while also splitting the front stereo output to the KVM as well so if I want I could also run my gaming PC over the speakers if I didn't want to use the headphones.

Also it would be nice if the KVM could support an additional USB port or two for something like a printer etc. but that isn't really needed....just a nice plus if it's there.

I guess it really only needs to support two computers, my Vista gaming PC + my hackintosh with Linux and XP virtual machines, but I think I will soon be adding a file server to my setup, and while i could access it remotely through one of the others rigs it would just be easier to flick a switch. So basically what I'm saying is I'll go for a 4 rig switch if it isn't too much more than a two rig switch.

Thanks in advance

hawler

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I just had an idea that would make it so I only really need a single monitor KVM. I could hook up my primary monitor and keyboard/mouse etc. through the KVM and connect my second monitor to each using its two different input. I could run the DVI to my PC and the VGA to my hackintosh, it would require me to push the input button on that monitor plus the button on the KVM but i think a button push is worth the money I'll save.

Some advice on a 1 DVI monitor KVM would be nice...also it will have to support 3-4 rigs, i forgot about my laptop, which I guess I could hook into the primary monitor using the VGA hook-up. so the KVM would only be used for switching the USB devices between everything and the primary monitor between my PC and hack