Sign in with
Your question

Cannot connect via wireless...

Last response: in Networking
January 17, 2009 4:07:00 AM

Hi all,
I have a netgear WGR614 router with netgear WG311 wireless adapter. It was working fine until couple weeks ago. I get an error saying wireless network is out of range. I didn't do anything to it. Fine, so I connect via cat5 and I'm able to get online. I reset the router, reset the modem, still can't connect via wireless. I even update the firmware on the router, still nothing. I even update the firmware for the adapter.

So I thought the router is going bad. I went and pick up a Trendnet 300Mbps N Gigabit router. It still says wireless network is out of range. I happens on all the computers at home. I have 2 desktop and 1 laptop, all were working fine on wireless in the past. Now, none can connect via wireless. What am I doing wrong? Pls help.

Thanks.

More about : connect wireless

January 21, 2009 4:06:03 AM

something could have changed in your environment which is interfering with your wireless single. Things like bluetooth and microwaves run a the same frequency as 802.11a/b. 2.4Ghz

802.11 runs at 5Ghz.... not sure about your problem there.

Get netstumbler (its free) installed on one of your wireless laptops and it will show signal strength, interference and noise(SNR)

Cheers
FaBriC
--------------------------------
www.getthemostfromyourpc.com
Optimize your wireless network!
------------------------------
!