willyc999

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
I was looking for some help on building a Hackintosh (a windows based machine that can run MacOsX Leopard). I was doing research on building one but i guess that apple shut down all of the forums and the wiki dedicated to this. i want it to run on the vanilla kernel, meaning with a bought version of leopard, im not interested in the bootleg copy that will run. I was wondering if anyone has any info on this at all, and if there is support for amd cpu's yet. But i would greatly appreciate help if anyone has experience on a good stable motherboard and high end graphics card, preferably ati, but i will go with anything that works though just to tinker with it. thanks!!

jesseb99

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
Hello, I opened network preferences and all i see is a blank page with a plus and minus sign? How do i set up my network on my hackintosh

geeknation

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I actually asked one of the "geek-bar" employees about this awhile ago. He was a little vague but he did say it was possible, but was also illegal. However he did not say it was impossible, actually he just said he couldn't tell me. Apple has been very strict with its software, apparently they tried to let it be distributed to other componies, but i heard it didn't go too well. i guess "if you want it done you have to do it yourself" is there motto.
If you do happen apon a way of doing this, that is of reletive ease, i would be quite interested, and many others too.
Sorry that this post doesn't help you, if i find anything ill be sue to post it.

TRENDING THREADS