Matrox coming out with a few new multi-monitor cards, and not just a Parhelia refresh [:thegreatgrapeape:7] ;

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/m_series/

Well this actually appears to be a new architecture since it now can support Vista Aero, and OGL 2.0.
They aren't specific about the support level, but in order to support Aero it needs as least PS 2.0 which is what was lacking on the Parhelia (had VS2.0 support though), so it's likely at least PS2/VS2 and perhaps even SM3.0. [:thegreatgrapeape:6]

Anywhoo, definitely not for any of you gamers out there, but I'd love to see what they've done for the video support and IQ on it once there's more details/tests in Q3.

I'm surprised it took them this long to bring them out, I was talking with them about a new card for Vista/Aero in 2006 and then sai one was right around the corner back then. Wow that's a long corner. :whistle:

Yeah that's the thing, they definitely aren't bungholio candidates, but for multi-monitor, for sure good option. ATi's FireMV is still DX9 SM2.0 IIRC and nV's quad NVS 440 is based on the GF6 series (SM3.0) IIRC.

Anyways, while not in the Bungholiomark race, or even the race to make Oblivion playable (probably a intergrated 780G would outperform it in games), but it's nice to see them soldier on an give us potentially another view of how to do their niche (multi-monitor & 2D).