Matrox Finally release a Vista Aero Card in their M-Series

Well posted this in the main Graphics section too, but as we only get so many posts for the Matrox section adding it here too. [:mousemonkey:3]

New M-Series multimonitor card from Matrox to support Vista Aero and OGL 2.0

Which means a minimum of PS2.0/VS2.0

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/press/releases/2008/corpo/mseries/

Nice to see them continue to release cards, even if it is at a glacial pace, hopefully these keep up the Matrox IQ standards [:thegreatgrapeape] and the great Multi-monitor support from the past bringing it to Vista (since Ultra Mon is a bit borked in Vista).

Anywho, can't wait to see some more details / reviews. [:mousemonkey]

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Vary nice news.

I havent heard anything from those guys since the Parhelia. Darn, Matrox was so hot back in those days. Seems like a interesting VGA for work. Hope they can deploy alll the software package aswell ( Multi-Desktop, etc). Or else a 780G with a 3450 on it would replace that Matrox.

Anyway, its good see a player back in the field again.

rgsaunders

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007

Have you tried UltraMon ver 3.0.2 (3.0 Beta 2.1) or better, it seems to work quite nicely in Vista 64 now, compared to previous versions.

NAh I hadn't tried it yet. The first few betas of theirs I tried locked me up something fierce and one time ramped up my memory so bad it white screened on me (pretty scary thing on a laptop) bug-reported it with no reply.

I'll give them a crack again though, probably this long weekend.
I've always had an afinity for them in the past and pimped them to most people looking for multi-mon support because they did a solid job, as does Matrox.

Well it was specific to the Matrox section since it gets very little traffic, I knew it was a 'double post' of sorts, but I though, let the general GPU crowd know, but be sure to mention something in the Matrox section for those who come straight here instead of looking at all of them like some of us. And now that I've combined 2 posts in one, my penance is paid. :whistle:

Anywhoo, hopefully it's a product that can keep their thriving editing segment going strong, now that they finally have a 3D Vista desktop and Vista's finally gaining a little more acceptance (still far from even recommended for business, but better than before).