My Newegg Experience

Horizonz

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
I generally like(d) Newegg, hadn't heard of many problems with them in the past, good deals, fast shipping etc... untill recently

I recently ordered basically an entire system from Newegg recently.
To keep a really long story short:

-Newegg took 2 days to ship my initial ordor to UPS, instead of getting the order in 3 days I waited more like 7 because that delay pushed the shipping over a weekend.
-Newegg packaged my graphics card tight enough to have it arrive to me bent.
-Newegg sent my processor to me thrown on top of the protective padding inside the lil plastic box for intel processors, and covered in gold thermal paste.
-Newegg sent me a dead motherboard.
-Newegg promised me free overnight shipping on the RMA for the trouble, but later argued with me and told me I lied about that when I asked if I could refund the old motherboard and get a different one instead.
-Newegg customer service representatives were rude to me, and refused me anything like help.
-Newegg took 3 days to get my second motherboard out of their warehouse, and the website now says they've shipped out my delivery, but UPS has no record of this on their website.
-Newegg is now giving me the runaround with UPS and at this point I've been waiting for over two weeks without my own computer.
-Newegg is not responding to emails.

I'll probably never use Newegg again, I'm really getting pissed with all of this. I'm being left behind by my friends in all the games I play, I have no privacy online, and a system that cost about 800$ after shipping is now costing me closer to 900$ with all of Newegg's stupid f***ing mistakes.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Sorry to hear that friend. Sh*t happens though...

I prefer my local shop for purchases, there is something to be said about human interaction apposed to internet communication.

I hope everything gets straightened up for you. AOC isnt that great anyhow :)

zeek987

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
boo hoo.

I think you're holding back.

Anyways, Newegg has always been very quick to process and ship my orders, and their customer service has always been very responsive and polite. Newegg shopping was easily the best online shopping experience I have ever had.

And what happened to your privacy online? Left behind all your friends in gaming? what?

cah027

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I would call them and ask to speak to a supervisor, then tell them you want a full refund and you'll send everything back, then buy from someplace else.

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
I hate to hear that you're having that much trouble with Newegg. I do agree that their shipping speed has fallen quite a bit since they switched over to UPS from FedEx, and that bugs me. But, it's not enough for me to stop using them yet. Your story kinda reminds me of my Tiger Direct issues, though, so I sympathize with you.

G

personally i think you're leaving some info out because newegg is awesome with RMA's and the fact u got it before a weekend shouldnt be one of your complaints. Also, if you buy openbox/recertified items expect them to have signs of use. The motherboard u stated wasnt dead but had 'problems' you never explained so im betting its user error. I bet newegg is sick of having to hear you complain about normal things that happen to everyone.

Newegg took 3 days to get my second motherboard out of their warehouse, and the website now says they've shipped out my delivery, but UPS has no record of this on their website.
-Newegg is now giving me the runaround with UPS and at this point I've been waiting for over two weeks without my own computer.

takes 2 seconds to see that it says "UPS has received your item info and will be updating soon once the package is received" or something like that. 2 weeks no computer omggggggg

btw 3-day shipping means its shipped within 3 days, not you get your package in 3 days. next time pay the 3$ for rush IMO.

carver_g

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007

Good idea in theory, but I haven't found newegg to be all that accommodating in that regard.

I've placed literally dozens of orders with newegg and I'm happy to say I've only had one problem, but it really put me in a bad spot. I ordered a Sony Vaio laptop for a client which arrived with a bad HD. So I call newegg and ask for an exchange. The woman on the other end said no, I'd have to send it back, wait for them to check out the hardware, and they would send a replacement. I asked to speak with a supervisor and all of that, which really pissed off the customer service agent. She actually started yelling at me, restating their policy several times.

Bottom line is it took 2.5 weeks to get a working laptop. The part that annoyed me the most is that they had my money this whole time and I had no product. I don't really have any other reason to complain, as they did honor their policy, but their policy was a pain in the @ss and I will be ordering only components from newegg in the future.

Lesson learned the hard way!

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
1 out of a million aint bad. If you paid after noon and didnt add 2.99 for rush processing your order will ship at the end of the next (maybe) Some times it wont ship til the 3rd day. You need to order by noon PST and pay 2.99 rush fee to get it out that day or for sure next day.

I order from newegg every week and I never have a problem except banged up parts from bad packaging once in a while.

I got a PSU Friday that looked like it fell off the UPS truck and got ran over by a Semi.

carver_g

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007

Exactly. It sucks to be in that 0.2% or whatever it is of orders with problems, but the odds are pretty good that you won't have any problems.

Xternal

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
In newegg my order took a week , i consider that acceptable but what i dont like is that the boxes of my parts look like they have been trough hell and back good thing they worked though.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
+1 for agreeing with most responses.

Things like this happen, and we all have had an incident wtih customer service in one way or another. I haven't had a bad experience with NewEgg at all, but there are a few and even then I question the validity of the sources of their problems.

Here is the bottom line: electronic products have and always will be, finicky and susceptible to failure or DOA parts. It happens with every product line of every product, ever.

If you paid after noon and didnt add 2.99 for rush processing your order will ship at the end of the next (maybe) Some times it wont ship til the 3rd day. You need to order by noon PST and pay 2.99 rush fee to get it out that day or for sure next day.

Exactly.

gadgetnerd

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
newegg owns . plan as simple ppl get busy you know. not like they have 100 ppl answearing phones and stuff.

also like 4 issuies not possable they DONT tuch ur cpu and take it out of the box. like some ppl are saying ur lieing about some info.

knotknut

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
I think you are over reacting. By the display of your attitude here I can only immagine how you treated the people at newegg.
Obviously you havent had much experience with ordering online. Newegg is one of the best online distributors I have ever delt with.
What you ordered, by what I read in your post, is OEM and Openbox. OEM does not come in the Retail package, does not come with manual, cables,brackets and usually shorter term warranty. Open box is often parts someone couldnt get to work right and returned for whatever reason. (used parts).
The products are reduced in price accordingly. There is some risk in purchasing Open Box and OEM for the reasons I have already exlplained. All products need to be carefully inspected when received and if there is any defeciency you should call and get a RMA.
This is standard procedure. If you arent willing to accept some responsabilty next time order only RETAIL products.

Here is an old saying. "You are going to catch more bees with honey than vinegar". Capiche?

gadgetnerd

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008

now im scared because i just ordered this OEM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116215

is it still fine?

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008

Yeah, calm down. You'll just get a disc probably, but that's all you need. It's still the same OS.

I can't disagree with the OP since I don't know the whole story or whether he's embellished a bit, all I know is that I've never had any issues with Newegg, and I've bought countless computer parts from them. My only gripe is that I just ordered some stuff for a server/storage computer, and they shipped most of the stuff from NJ rather than CA, so I was bored all weekend with nothing to do :X

azmtbkr81

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I can sympathize with your Newegg problems, I've had very mixed experiences with them. If everything goes well you save time and money but if you receive a defective or wrong part it is a huge pita.

I agree with greive, try buying your parts locally, if you buy an entire system most mom and pop places will give you a great deal.

Alternatively if you have a Fry's Electronics or Micro Center nearby you'll pay slightly more but always know what your are getting and not have to hassle with shipping delays and mistakes.