In addition to the obvious ethernet plug, it should have a USB or ESATA plug.
I would like something that transfers data as fast as possible to my HTPC and main computer. I would like to use it as a general media disk for playing .flac music files, 1080p video and pictures taken with my Canon 5D mk2.
Read speed is most important (not much writing will be done).
I DO NOT need a lot of NAS functionality, just a disk that can be recognized by a network.
So, any recommended disks?
I've been looking at:
- Lacie Network Space (very cheap)
- Linksys NSLU2 (very cheap, without disk)
- D-Link DNS-313 (very cheap, without disk)
- Linksys NAS200 (very cheap, without disk)
- Synology Disk Station DS-101j (very cheap, without disk)
- Qnap TS-109 Pro (cheap, without disk)
- Lacie 2Big network 2 TB (expensive)
- LaCie Ethernet Big Disk 2TB (expensive)
- Western Digital My Book World Edition II 2 TB (expensive)
- Buffalo LinkStation Pro 2 TB (expensive)
But now I'm totally at a loss.