Task Bar Icons Hiding Problem

Hello,

I am using XP Turkish version. I am trying to hide some icons in task bar,
selecting "Always Hide" selection in task bar option. But when I started
Windows again, it resets to default for all icons, that is "Hide when
inactive". So everytime I have to set it again. How can I solve it?

I have had a remembering password for my mail servers problem in Outlook and
it was solved by making some changes in Registry. Can this problem be solved
with some modifications in Registry?

Thanks

-Ali
2 answers Last reply
More about task icons hiding problem

    I don't know about the always hide part, but the hide inactive refers to
    system tray icons. If that is what you mean, as long as you have the hide
    when inactive, they should stay hidden if not used. How long do they have
    to be inactive to hide, I don't know.

    You can hide icons on the taskbar (Quick Launch) if you unlock it and move
    the slider to the left. You should see some small arrows indicating some
    icons are under the slider. Or you could just remove them from the Quick
    Launch toolbar.

    If that isn't enough, you can auto-hide the entire taskbar so it only
    appears when the mouse goes close to the bottom of the screen. You know you
    can move the entire taskbar to the top or left or right of the screen if you
    so desire.

    Clark

    "Ali Canlidinc" <ali.canlidinc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am using XP Turkish version. I am trying to hide some icons in task bar,
    > selecting "Always Hide" selection in task bar option. But when I started
    > Windows again, it resets to default for all icons, that is "Hide when
    > inactive". So everytime I have to set it again. How can I solve it?
    >
    > I have had a remembering password for my mail servers problem in Outlook
    > and
    > it was solved by making some changes in Registry. Can this problem be
    > solved
    > with some modifications in Registry?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > -Ali

    Thanks for this basic info :) I meant the system tray icons. As default all
    icons are selected as "hide when inactive". For some icons I am selecting
    "always hide" but the next time I started windows they are becoming "hide
    when inactive".

    I thought that the reason is that: These icons are allocating different IDs
    everytime when I start Windows. So Windows thinks they are new system tray
    icons. can this be possible?

    Thanks Clark

    "Clark" wrote:

    > I don't know about the always hide part, but the hide inactive refers to
    > system tray icons. If that is what you mean, as long as you have the hide
    > when inactive, they should stay hidden if not used. How long do they have
    > to be inactive to hide, I don't know.
    >
    > You can hide icons on the taskbar (Quick Launch) if you unlock it and move
    > the slider to the left. You should see some small arrows indicating some
    > icons are under the slider. Or you could just remove them from the Quick
    > Launch toolbar.
    >
    > If that isn't enough, you can auto-hide the entire taskbar so it only
    > appears when the mouse goes close to the bottom of the screen. You know you
    > can move the entire taskbar to the top or left or right of the screen if you
    > so desire.
    >
    > Clark
    >
    > "Ali Canlidinc" <ali.canlidinc@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am using XP Turkish version. I am trying to hide some icons in task bar,
    > > selecting "Always Hide" selection in task bar option. But when I started
    > > Windows again, it resets to default for all icons, that is "Hide when
    > > inactive". So everytime I have to set it again. How can I solve it?
    > >
    > > I have had a remembering password for my mail servers problem in Outlook
    > > and
    > > it was solved by making some changes in Registry. Can this problem be
    > > solved
    > > with some modifications in Registry?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > -Ali