Sign in with
Your question

Uninstalling 6800 AGP and installing HD3850 AGP...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 27, 2008 6:21:53 PM

Somehow I knew it's likely I would run into problem but I guess I didn't try hard enough... Anyway here we go:

Vista system running w/ 6800 AGP on 175.15, uninstalled the driver, even the card itself and revert to 640 x 480 before I shut down the computer. Swapped in the HIS HD3850 IceQ Turbo AGP, booted it up, installed the latest driver directly from HIS website and no it's not working properly. Device manager complained that it's not working properly. One thing I do notice is that the plug on the card is 8-pin but the power cord included is from 2 4-pin molex into a 6-pin socket. Not sure if power's the problem that causes this but somehow I suspected my uninstall of nVidia driver is not completely clean. Anybody got any idea?

For what it's worth, it's a Denmark Optero 170 on MSI K8N Platinum Neo2 on Corsair DDR1Gb x 2...

Tx.
June 27, 2008 6:41:20 PM

Use Driver Cleaner to clean up the old driver.
Read the directions about the extra power connector. Most likely you need to plug that in.
June 27, 2008 8:16:01 PM

The HD 3850 AGP has had nothing but driver issues since its release.Download and install the 8.6 Catalyst AGP Hot fix from the AMD/ATI website, and make sure plug in both power sockets.
!