magonline

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
For the last week I have been trying to figure out why a single website of mine (affiliated) can NOT be accessed from my computer. Prior I have had successful access for a couple of months until about October 8th. Visited site 100's of times!

My site/link are accessible from numerous others from around the world. My system appears to be working fine with access to everything accept that site. Only from my computer!

I have done all the things required from ISP (Comcast), system re-store, re-booted (un-plugged) numerous times, removed cookies, three different Browsers, complete scans etc.

I have Symantec End Point Protection as my security suite. System is privately built running XP Pro 2002 SP3.

I'm not a tech but not a guy in a diner either-details on step to step how to resolve would be a wonderful thing!

Sorry if this is posted somewhere-could not seem to fine in multiple searches.

Thank You in Advance,
Michael G.

Solution
"a single website of mine (affiliated) can NOT be accessed from my computer."

Not sure if i understand what you mean by the above quote which might help resolve your issue (ambiguity is never a helping factor). 1.What browser are you using? 2.Have you tried different browsers to access said website. 3. If it's a questionable website(like possibly blacklisted for malware) it could get blocked by anti-malware software on your computer(such as any hosts file modifications). 4. If using Internet Explorer make sure it did not get added to your "Restricted Sites"(start-control panel-internet options-security(tab)-Resticted Sites then "Sites" button then remove site if listed there). 5. If it's only been a few days since this has occurred you...

matriculated

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
"a single website of mine (affiliated) can NOT be accessed from my computer."

Not sure if i understand what you mean by the above quote which might help resolve your issue (ambiguity is never a helping factor). 1.What browser are you using? 2.Have you tried different browsers to access said website. 3. If it's a questionable website(like possibly blacklisted for malware) it could get blocked by anti-malware software on your computer(such as any hosts file modifications). 4. If using Internet Explorer make sure it did not get added to your "Restricted Sites"(start-control panel-internet options-security(tab)-Resticted Sites then "Sites" button then remove site if listed there). 5. If it's only been a few days since this has occurred you can try flushing your DNS Resolver Cache
Start-Run-then type "cmd" then in cmd prompt type "ipconfig /flushdns"
*do not type quotation marks*
Should then read:

Windows IP Configuration
Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.

Solution

magonline

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Thank you matriculated. All the steps listed above were tried. A tech and friend did a remote access and ran a "Trace Route" from my computer and his on the site in question.

My ISP is being blocked by AT&T at a "Gateway" which he believes is a routing problem at the host level. Should get cleared up today! Thank You