Don't Yell At Me!!!! :oP

Last response: in Video Games
September 21, 2005 10:45:56 AM

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm still not at Beastie,
but on the laptop for another night.

Had thunderboomers yesterday, and a power outage last evening
and night. We thought the wind had blown a pole down, but turns out
some drunk plowed into a utility pole. Knocked it *flat*.
The whole hill was black. Great night for star gazing if it hadn't been
all cloudy.

And then I had a totally nutzo day today, and didn't get my butt sat
at a computer until a few minutes ago. And now that I'm sat, I ain't gettin'
up real soon.

So don't yell at me!!! ~*Please*~ :)

--
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

More about : yell

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 11:40:41 AM

"Miracle Smith" <GetLost@yourexpense.com> wrote in news:433101a4_3
@news6.uncensored-news.com:

> Had thunderboomers yesterday, and a power outage last evening
> and night. We thought the wind had blown a pole down, but turns out
> some drunk plowed into a utility pole. Knocked it *flat*.

We're getting the edge of a tropical storm down in Baja, so some
unseasonable thunderstorms in what's normally a hot, dry month here.

I'm burning cycles this week repairing a customer's machine that took a
power zap Friday. PITA. I suspect the disk arm jerked and scribbled on
everything. I'm reinstalling Windows, then uninstalling and reinstalling
software that's gotten corrupted. But I'm suspicious of the drive. He had
to replace his power strip, which tells you how bad the surge had to be.
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 12:59:51 AM

ScratchMonkey's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:

> "Miracle Smith" <GetLost@yourexpense.com> wrote in news:433101a4_3
> @news6.uncensored-news.com:
>
>> Had thunderboomers yesterday, and a power outage last evening
>> and night. We thought the wind had blown a pole down, but turns out
>> some drunk plowed into a utility pole. Knocked it *flat*.
>
> We're getting the edge of a tropical storm down in Baja, so some
> unseasonable thunderstorms in what's normally a hot, dry month here.
>
> I'm burning cycles this week repairing a customer's machine that took a
> power zap Friday. PITA. I suspect the disk arm jerked and scribbled on
> everything. I'm reinstalling Windows, then uninstalling and reinstalling
> software that's gotten corrupted. But I'm suspicious of the drive. He had
> to replace his power strip, which tells you how bad the surge had to be.

If strip was damaged, then very likely other things got damaged.... What a
tool...
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 12:27:55 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> "Miracle Smith" <GetLost@yourexpense.com> wrote in news:433101a4_3
> @news6.uncensored-news.com:
>
>> Had thunderboomers yesterday, and a power outage last evening
>> and night. We thought the wind had blown a pole down, but turns out
>> some drunk plowed into a utility pole. Knocked it *flat*.
>
> We're getting the edge of a tropical storm down in Baja, so some
> unseasonable thunderstorms in what's normally a hot, dry month here.
>
> I'm burning cycles this week repairing a customer's machine that took
> a power zap Friday. PITA. I suspect the disk arm jerked and scribbled
> on everything. I'm reinstalling Windows, then uninstalling and
> reinstalling software that's gotten corrupted. But I'm suspicious of
> the drive. He had to replace his power strip, which tells you how bad
> the surge had to be.

Well, that's exactly the weather sitch here- what was Hurrican R__ (?)
has stirred up a mess here. I'm online tonight only as long as the battery
lasts in my laptop. Monday night reminded me that I *really* don't want
to lose BeastieBoy to a freaking lightening strike.
And now you speak of the horror of a fried power strip! Yikes!

I see by the AccuWeather radar site that Phoenix is currently getting
pounded by a monster storm, but poor Flagstaff looks like it's been invaded
by Storm From Hell. http://makeashorterlink.com/?K10B427DB
(Arizona radar link)