Sign in with
Your question

CPU TEMP AHHHHHHHHHGG!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 27, 2008 1:01:17 PM

here my specs
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GO stepping
OCZ 2GB PC2-6400 Platinum Rev 2.0 (2x1GB)
MSI P35 NEO2-FR Socket 775 Motherboard
Asus ATi Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E2.0 (Overclock)
OCZ 500w psu gaming extreme
2X 500GB Samsung Spinpoint SATA2 16MB RAID
Sony DRU-190S 20x DVDRW Retail Kit - SATA
Samsung TS-H492C CD,DVD,CDRW Black
19" LG W1952TQ Widescreen LCD Monitor
OCZ Vindicater 6 pipe heat synch
6 silent 80mm fans
Studio speakers

now at stock speed (not over clocked)
i ran OOC and coretem my cpu is 43 idle and 69 load
i took out mother board and put synch back on making sure all pins are in still same thing
i have 5 fans in my case
1 cpu at 100%
1 gpu at 70%
1 front bring air in
1 back to take air out
1 bottom to keep gpu even cooler at 100%
so what could be the problem

More about : cpu temp ahhhhhhhhhgg

July 27, 2008 1:31:00 PM

Are the intake & exhaust fans 120mm? Is the bottom fan by gpu an intake?

Reseat your cpu hsf, push the push-pins all the way down. Could just be a contact problem.
July 27, 2008 1:37:39 PM

intake and exuaght are 80mm
i already took out syncha and put it back in
all pins are in
Related resources
July 27, 2008 2:09:45 PM

OGC said:
intake and exuaght are 80mm
i already took out syncha and put it back in
all pins are in

heatsink

When you took the HSF off and reseated it on the processor, did you remember to COMPLETELY clean the contact surfaces of both the processor and heatsink? and then apply a razor thin amount of thermal interface material (preferrably something like Arctic AS-5 or MX-2)?

If you did not clean the processor + heatsink, and also use a fresh application of thermal material, then you are going to keep getting bad/worse temperatures.

You cannot simply take the HSF off the processor and put it back on, you have to clean all contact surfaces and reapply your thermal material EVERY TIME...
July 27, 2008 3:50:11 PM

Quote:
You cannot simply take the HSF off the processor and put it back on, you have to clean all contact surfaces and reapply your thermal material EVERY TIME...

actually You can. I am normally cleaning it and applying new paste but I have done it 2-3 times just using old and that did not effect temperatures at least not noticably, could be 1-2c. Obviously I am still recommending to clean and apply new paste, but if You are in a hurry and don't have any paste around You can use old without much impact and replace it later if temps go high. Also could be different results in different applications.
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2008 4:23:37 PM

It's possible your case with 80mm fans can't ehaust the heat. Secondly do you have a stock heatsink?

When you took the HS off/on did you ensure then pins did actually lock? I always do it with the mobo out and inspect under the mobo to see the pin is locked.

Redoing the TIM paste is always a good idea, but I have removed the HS, inspected, and put it back on before. I don't recommend it. If it's a stock HS it's usually some kind of hard paste that HAS to be replaced by quality TIM paste.

And what are you useing to monitor temps? Try Coretemp, it will show each core seperately, the one you might be using (if it came with the mobo) could be crap, most are except some free aftermarket ones.

Coretemp, HWMonitor, Everest (pay version)
July 28, 2008 2:38:47 AM

yes i cleaned of paste when i took of snynch
no im no tusing stock im using OCZ vindicater
my cou fan is 12mm not 80mm

what tep that fries your chip is 70C ok
becouse thats what prime95 shows at overclock 3GHZ and stock voltage
!