kah

Have a PC running XP Pro. Have connected it to my network everything
appeared to be okay. Now it continually looses its network connection and
then reconnects. Other PC's on same network are all okay. Just this one
running XP. Anyone have any ideas.
--
kah

Malke

kah wrote:

> Have a PC running XP Pro. Have connected it to my network everything
> appeared to be okay. Now it continually looses its network connection
> and
> then reconnects. Other PC's on same network are all okay. Just this
> one
> running XP. Anyone have any ideas.

The first thing to look at is the network adapter's power management
properties. Find the NIC's entry in Device Manager and double-click it
to get Properties. Click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the
box that says "allow Windows to turn off this device when not in use".

If that box is already unchecked, try updating the NIC drivers.

Never get drivers from Windows Update. Get them from:

1. The card mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard video; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).

Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers