brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Hey guys,

Last night my system crashed with a good ol' BSOD error, while I was surfing the internet. I shut down my system, rebooted, got past the BIOS splash screen, the next RAID test screen said it is "functional" and then hangs up at a blank, black screen everytime. I don't even get to the Windows load screen. Recently I have been experiencing BSOD screens and discovered bad RAM in my system. So, I ran Memtest86+ on my system and found the bad module(s), which I removed. My system ran fine for a couple days after that and now this. I popped in my Windows 7 RTM CD and try to run a repair, but it fails to do so... the CD loads up fine, I hit repair and then it gives me an unknown error. When I try to do a clean install, it cannot even find a drive or previous installation of Windows, and asks me to "Load a driver."

So, did I lose a drive? Maybe Motherboard failure? I'm clueless when it comes to determining/troubleshooting a RAID failure. This is my first RAID setup, that I have been running for maybe 2 months now? The RAM that is in my system now passed Memtest86+ for 10 full passes, just 2 days ago. My CPU always runs at 32c idle....43c load.

My config:

Asus M4A79T-Deluixe mobo
4gb Corsair RAM @ 1600mhz
AMD PII 955 @ 3.6ghz
2 * 7200.12 Seagate Barracuda HDDs RAID 0
1 * 7200.11 Seagate Barracuda HDD Backup
Antec 1200 Case
650w Corsair PSU

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Update: Looks like I lost my RAID somehow... the drives are still ok though. Had to wipe out the RAID config and reinstalled Windows 7. Not doing the RAID anymore. I'll probably just invest in a SSD :p.