Help me pick out a PSU

I'm thinking to use a MSI P35D3 Platinum motherboard, Q6600 processor, XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 Heatsink, Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) memory, Patriot Warp 64GB Solid State Hard Drive (x2 0 Raid), 250GB Western Digital data hard drive, HIS 4850 (x2 Crossfire), DVD/RW disk drive, network card, and Red Viper2 Case.
6 answers Last reply
More about help pick
  1. Why the DDR3....Skip out on that overpriced motherboard and that RAM...Besides,unless you own a QX9770,that DDR3 isn't going to do much.I recommend getting around the same of DDR2-800Mhz with good timings.

But,I would probably buy this PSU.It has great wattage and a higher amperage for your graphics cards.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
  2. Yep, Jaragon is absolutely right. Drop the DDR-3 and get DDR-2 and the 750Watt Corsair PSU can't be beat.
  3. All the patriot stuff I get free, so that's not an issue for me. Also the motherboard is only $115, can you advise something better?
  4. mobo: gigabyte GA-X48-DS4

you can't go wrong with that.

i agree w/jaragon, the 750TX is a great PSU.
  5. Little too expensive for me, and what do I need 8 USB ports for :lol: . I'm not saying its bad. It's just too much $.
  6. System sounds great just make sure to get the retention bracket for the Xig, and the PC Power and Cooling 750w is better than the Corsair, but that's like comparing 1 million dollars and $1 million and 1 dollars, so go with which ever you think looks nicest, or is cheapest I say.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product