Sign in with
Your question

[Hard Disk/PSU?]

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
October 2, 2009 9:34:47 PM

My computer has developed a problem during bootup. I have a RAID0, which I use and a seperate drive for storage.
During detecting storage devices my raid will have an error being detected and I'll be taken to a Disk Read Error, which is understandable since it's not detecting the raid. However, if I ctrl-alt-del from here (retry while the system's already powered) it'll function normally, and sometimes this error doesnt even occur.

I'm not experienced at all with this, but I'm assuming it's a power issue with the motherboard, harddrives or mb.
Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Specs
2x WD Velociraptor150GB 10000RPM SATA3.0
1x WD Caviar Black1TB 7200RPM SATA3.0 (STORAGE)
ASUS M3N72-D AM2+/AM2 MB
Thermaltake W0131RU 850W PSU
AMD PHenom 9950 X4 2.6ghz Quadcore

More about : hard disk psu

a b G Storage
October 2, 2009 10:11:34 PM

The problem is the RAID 0, you can increase the speed, but in some case of fault the data could be lost.
m
l
a b G Storage
October 3, 2009 12:47:17 AM

The problem is NOT RAID0 saint19 - there is nothing wrong with RAID0, i have been using it with all my mains for the past 5 years without hassles and has the same risk factors as a single drive - aka you loose 1 hdd you loose all your data - lesson - BACK UP YOUR DATA etc.

On the other hand one of your HDD's, cabling or PSU may be faulty so check those areas out.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
October 3, 2009 11:21:17 PM

^The HDD is part of the RAID, right? So, if one disk fail, the enter RAID fails too.
m
l
a b G Storage
October 4, 2009 3:45:32 AM

ricktd said:
My computer has developed a problem during bootup. I have a RAID0, which I use and a seperate drive for storage.
During detecting storage devices my raid will have an error being detected and I'll be taken to a Disk Read Error, which is understandable since it's not detecting the raid. However, if I ctrl-alt-del from here (retry while the system's already powered) it'll function normally, and sometimes this error doesnt even occur.

I'm not experienced at all with this, but I'm assuming it's a power issue with the motherboard, harddrives or mb.
Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Specs
2x WD Velociraptor150GB 10000RPM SATA3.0
1x WD Caviar Black1TB 7200RPM SATA3.0 (STORAGE)
ASUS M3N72-D AM2+/AM2 MB
Thermaltake W0131RU 850W PSU
AMD PHenom 9950 X4 2.6ghz Quadcore

Have you updated BIOS to the latest yet? (Assuming your two VelociRaptors are attached to the ASUS M3N72-D)

It certainly a low-level software problem and has nothing to do with hardware failure.
m
l
!