570W TRUST PSU
ASROCK PENRY1600-110DB SLI X 3
1 X ACER DVD RW DRIVE
300GB SATA WESTERN DIGITAL HD
5 PC CASE FANS
6GB DDR2 800- SHOWING UP AS 533 IN BIOS
Q6600 2.4GHZ - IDLE AT 55 -60 DEGREES
LEADTEK 9800 GX2 - IDLE AT 52 DEGREES

Basically I built this system, everything is new apart from the psu, I had to buy adaptors to power my GPU as my psu didnt have them. I think the pc was underperforming .

Today I tried to turn the pc on and the led fans flickered quickly then went off in an instand. Tried again then nothing , still nothing, tried once more then they flickered again. I put it down to the PSU as I have shorted the 2 wires that turn the psu on and it does the same thing.

My question is would it have damaged any other of my parts, if it has then im a dead man. It cost me and arm and leg to build.

Also would this psu me ok for this setup.

Corsair TX750W Specifications: Model CMPSU-750TX
AC INPUT 90-264V ~ 10A 50/60Hz
DC OUTPUT +3.3V +5V +12V -12V +5Vsb
MAX LOAD 24A 28A 60A 0.8A 3A
MAX COMBINED WATTAGE 180W 720W 9.6W 15W
TOTAL POWER: 750W

Thanks guys

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I don't know where you got the gpu, but I wouldn't go there again cuz the gpu comes with everything you need including a power cable adapter:

14-122-050-08.jpg

Do try another psu.

dhicks2008

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Yes ok, but i need to buy another adapter, it doesnt matter now my psu is broken, im going to buy the corsair 750w one. Read above, do you think that the psu damaged any of my components?

bobbknight

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
Having myself been the unfortunate recipient of a poor performing PSU. I have experienced loss of a motherboard, cpu, hard drive, and ram all in one failure. The only item that survived was the video card. I tend to think it was because it was the last thing on the pci buss. Until you put in a new PSU of good quality, any damage will not be known. Look for any signs of damage to all of your parts, prior to restarting your system with a new PSU. If your lucky all you lost was the old PSU.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006

It really depends. My dad's really old PII took a power surge. The plastic was actually burnt on the power hookup to the MB.

Got a new PSU back then, hooked it up, and it worked.. though it may have some jitters at times, but it still worked fine.

I remember I was on one of my older PC's (had AMD k3+), didn't know a storm was going on, saw a bright light from the window, loud screech from the PC, I was wearing headphones, and then a loud pop, all the lights went out (blackout) and finally followed by thunder outside. :lol:

When the power came back up, my PC didn't power up at all. Took the PSU, shook it, and I could hear something rattling inside it. Turn out to be part of a chip on a voltage regulator. Brought a new PSU, and it powered up fine.

So your asking a question that you won't have an answer for till you use it. Chances are that its fine, and it just can't muster enough power to do anything. Kinda like sitting on your dog, and it can't stand up.. but the dog still tries.