P5Q - Bios upgrade warning!

jowunger

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Me and my friend burned 2 Asus P5Q boards when upgrading from 0506 to 1004 :cry:. The bios upgrade went successful according to bios msg after writing the new bios. The bios even restarted the PC but it just kept dark. Not even keyboard light flashed. Asus had a few tips which unfortunately didnt work. Me and my friend send our mainboards to our dealer and will get them replaced.

I think it is a good idea to wait for a newer bios version then 1004. On the other hand: did anyone successfully upgrade P5Q bios from 0506 to 1004?

greetz :sol:

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
i went from 0506 to 1104 just fine, but it is indeed a crapshoot. i bricked two p5n-e sli boards trying. did you check the box to clear the cmos before flashing?

jowunger

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Update about my situation:

Last week I send the mainboard back to my supplier and asked him to update the bios, which he promised he will do. Today I received the mainboard, and you wont believe what happen:

SAME PROBLEM!@

My supplier updated a new mainboard (I can verify by serial number) and obviosly didnt check whether the update was successful. I think he was (like me) fooled by the 'after-flashing message -successful'

Now 3 new boards are already burned to death! I buy Asus for over 10 years and never had so much headache like I have with this P5Q. Tomorrow I will ask the supplier to change it to another brand since Asus cant get a hold of the problem (see all the update problem at asus forums, or google it), just unbelievable...

I bought a brand new system and still can not use it for over 3 weeks, even my supplier get burned.

R.I.P. Asus