Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft vista boot mgr corrupt cannot start with vista reinstall cd, screen bl

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 28, 2013 7:53:38 PM

yesterday after several tries I was able to start my Dell Inspiron 530 with windows vista. The day before the message had said" bootmgr image corrupt "and on the screen it said if this is a new message start normally or if not choose Start-up repair. It was a new message so I started normally. Today when I press the power button it shows the dell logo and then the power light on the monitor goes from blue (on) to yellow(off) and the screen remains grey. Sometimes nothing at allcomes on the screen and the processor starts a series of four beeps. I tried to use my reinstall Vista cd but it will not even start. The few times the computer started in the last two days it seemed to be operating alright. How do I get the cd to work if the machine is not really starting? As you can see I am not a computer wiz but if possible I'd like to tackle the problem myself if it is possible.
January 28, 2013 8:23:34 PM

When Windows is installed, even though it may be unusable, a PC won't boot from a CD unless you set the CD drive as the "first boot device" in BIOS Setup, or alternatively choose the CD drive in the boot menu.

Using the boot menu method is the easiest way:

When"F2 = Setup, F12 = Boot Menu" appears in the upper-right corner of the screen, press <F12>.

If you wait too long and the operating system logo appears, continue to wait until you see the Microsoft Windows desktop. Then shut down your computer and try again.
m
l
!