How can I preset backup utility so I don't have to choose what to backup to
what location every single time? I want to be able to just open backup
utility & press start without having to choose the data & the location to
store the data.

G2000 wrote:
> How can I preset backup utility so I don't have to choose what to backup to
> what location every single time? I want to be able to just open backup
> utility & press start without having to choose the data & the location to
> store the data.

In the screen where you make your selections go to jobs > then
save selection as and give your backup set a name. Next time you
backup just go to job > load selections and pick the backup set
you want.. You could have several different ones. One for a full
backup, one to backup user data etc.

gls858

Where is XP backup please?

">
In the screen where you make your selections go to jobs > then
save selection as and give your backup set a name. Next time you
backup just go to job > load selections and pick the backup set
you want.. You could have several different ones. One for a full
backup, one to backup user data etc.

gls858

Is this a new question? Please start a new thread.

It should be under "Accessories" in the start menu. If not, then install it
through Add/Remove programs - Windows Components.

I don't think it's installed by default.

"MRCUSA" <mrcusa@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Where is XP backup please?
>
> ">
> In the screen where you make your selections go to jobs > then
> save selection as and give your backup set a name. Next time you
> backup just go to job > load selections and pick the backup set
> you want.. You could have several different ones. One for a full
> backup, one to backup user data etc.
>
> gls858

Jim

"Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
> Is this a new question? Please start a new thread.
>
> It should be under "Accessories" in the start menu. If not, then install
> it through Add/Remove programs - Windows Components.
>
> I don't think it's installed by default.
It is installed on XP Pro.
Jim

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "Andrew Murray" <Noadmurray@SPAMiinet.net.au> wrote in message
>> Is this a new question? Please start a new thread.
>>
>> It should be under "Accessories" in the start menu. If not, then
>> install it through Add/Remove programs - Windows Components.
>>
>> I don't think it's installed by default.
> It is installed on XP Pro.
> Jim

in All Programs | Accessories | System Tools

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

If your version of XP Is the Home version then chances are it is not
installed. See this link
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windowsxp_tips.htm#backup_home

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"MRCUSA" <mrcusa@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Where is XP backup please?
>
> ">
> In the screen where you make your selections go to jobs > then
> save selection as and give your backup set a name. Next time you
> backup just go to job > load selections and pick the backup set
> you want.. You could have several different ones. One for a full
> backup, one to backup user data etc.
>
> gls858

Hi,

I know that you can create a bks file after you select the files that
you want to backup and use it inside a .bat file with this information.You
can use the task scheduler to run your bat files or run the .bat files. Look
at this page
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs
/en-us/ntbackup_command.mspx

To do a test try this command: ntbackup backup "@C:\swd.bks" /J "backup job
number 1" /F "C:\backup.bkf"

"@C:\swd.bks" => file name saved with the information about the files that
you will backup. to edit this file, after the creation, look at:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237310/

Jonatas

--
Regards,