Sign in with
Your question
Solved

DVD Burner will read CD's but not DVD's

Last response: in Storage
October 4, 2009 12:22:21 AM

Hey everyone, I have a strange and what I thought\think is a unique problem. I have at Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1H drive that refuses to read, burn, or do anything with DVD's. I can burn, and read CD's fine, but nothing doing with DVD's. I've gone out to Lite-On's site and pulled down the latest driver, and that hasn't fixed the issue. I ran a Disk cleaner through it, same result, I swapped out my IDE cable, still nothing.

I'm running a customer box with an ASUS M2N32 - SLI Deluxe, Dual core AMD Athlon, 2 gigs of RAM, Win XP, Nero 7.

I'm running out of ideas or reasons why this isn't working. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks!

More about : dvd burner read dvd

Best solution

a b G Storage
October 5, 2009 1:41:42 PM

Test the drive on another computer.
I had the same problem on a Gigabyte motherboard and it miracously fixed itself.
Look for a bios update for your motherboard.
January 4, 2010 2:36:20 PM

my cds always worked with this dvd player but dvds would not work... so i copied the 3 driver files in the system32/drivers folder from a working computer to this one, now the some dvd are readable/playable, but not store bought???
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
January 20, 2010 1:32:14 AM

Best answer selected by r_manic.
m
l
February 5, 2010 3:11:48 PM

LOL it was the DVD portion of the player, did not work, the CD did though, and switching computers didnt work because both dvd drives i switched were malfuntioning .... yeah just my luck... third DVD did work.
m
l
!