Sign in with
Your question

1tb caviar green confusion

Last response: in Storage
October 4, 2009 1:47:43 AM

Hi all, i'm a bit confused by all the different models of Caviar green that are in stock on Scan.co.uk , can anyone point out the best one? ;) 
(I know there are a few 1.5tb models, but looking for the fastest one I can get..)

1TB Western Digital WD10EADS Caviar Green, SATA 3Gb/s, IntelliPower, 32MB Cache, NCQ - Scan.co.uk
1TB Western Digital WD10EVVS AV-GP, Green Power SATA 3Gb/s HDD, 8MB Cache - Scan.co.uk
1TB Western Digital WD10EAVS Caviar Green, SATA 3Gb/s, IntelliPower, 8MB Cache, NCQ - Scan.co.uk
1.5TB Western Digital WD15EADS Caviar Green, SATA 3Gb/s, IntelliPower, 32MB Cache, NCQ - Scan.co.uk
1TB Western Digital WD1002FBYS RE3, SATA 3Gb/s, 7200 (nominal)rpm, 32MB Cache, NCQ - Scan.co.uk
1TB Western Digital WD1000FYPS RE2-GP, SATA 3Gb/s, IntelliPower, 16MB Cache, 8.9 ms - Scan.co.uk
a c 127 G Storage
October 4, 2009 12:37:52 PM

The EADS is the normal regular WD Green drive with maximum cache, the EAVS is a cheaper version with less cache. The AV-GP is for videocapture, the RE disks are Raid Edition drives which have longer warranty and some different firmware settings.
October 4, 2009 3:06:30 PM

sub mesa said:
The EADS is the normal regular WD Green drive with maximum cache, the EAVS is a cheaper version with less cache. The AV-GP is for videocapture, the RE disks are Raid Edition drives which have longer warranty and some different firmware settings.

Wow, thanks for the great info EADS for me then! Where on earth did you get that information from?
!