Anyone with P5Q-E have issues with any tower CPU cooler's?

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
I want to install a Sunbeamtech core contact freezer to put on a q6600 GO SLACR in an Antec900 case. I'm almost posative the cooler will fit in the case. But will the heat sinks/pipes get in the way of the cooler on the P5Q-E mobo. I really cant tell till I get my hands on the parts. Any advice send it my way. Peace

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Ahha, Well what about a Zalman 9700? I know, from someone who already has one in an antec 900, that it fits and vents great. But he didnt mention his mobo type. Also I'm only going to overclock the CPU to 3gz not the RAM. I currently have 2x1G Kingston HyperX 800. Were you only reffering to compatability when it comes to OCing? Thanks for the help so far.

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Cool I really wanted that Sunbeamtech anyway cause of the direct core contact. Also I'm not to sure, but from the looks of you photos the fan from the cooler will blow UP in the case. I've never mounted one before can't I just mount it to blow any way I want almost?

tbates1244

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Also I have Crysis. Have you had any luck getting it to work? Also did it set off copy protection cause you downloaded it? My copy is legit.

You can orient the cooler in any direction you want. Generally this will be blowing up or blowing back.

My case, the Silverstone TJ09, mounts the PSU on the bottom and the CPU is very near the top. I have two 120mm fans in the top of the case blowing air out, so it made sense to align the cooler that way... there is also theories on the alignment of the pipes and the cores inside the CPU... but it's not proven and there are some indications it's not even an issue.

Most people who have P5Qs do not have issues with Crysis. Some few do, such as me.

I had to contact Securom, the company that handles the security software for Crysis. They provided me with a new crysis.exe and that resolved my issues. They never told me why I got the emulation software detected error, but I guess it's P5Q related, although not common.