How to recover deleted excel files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navinhegde

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hi,
A couple of days back, I used disk cleanup to delete some old files. Unfortunately, a bunch of important excel files were among them and now I am trying to recover them. I installed Recuva and after some analysis, found that the files could be recovered, but were over-written and hence categorised as "unrecoverable". When I tried opening these "unrecoverable" files, I get an error saying that the file is corrupted and it does not proceed any further.
Is there any way I can get the excel file to be working fine again? Or at the very least retrieve the data it contained? Any help would be appreciated.

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012

To recover deleted excel files go for Kernel for Excel file recovery software that recover and repair corrupt or deleted
excel file of all version. To know more visit: www.repaircorruptexcel.com
No offense to these two users personally, but it does mention in one of the stickies to be wary of any new users suddenly posting links or references to a new program. As I have never heard of these two programs, I don't know.
If anyone else here can verify that these programs are safe, then by all means go ahead and download. But if that's not the case, I would be careful ;)

This is just for the benefit of the community. As I mentioned, no offense to these users. There are some people out there who aren't as informed about such things.

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
If they are not well known programs, then stop suggesting them! Any recovery program will do the job for deleted files not overwritten. The OP can use whatever he/she is familiar with.\

If in a scan it stated "Not recoverable", then it's unlikely any program will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.