Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to recover deleted excel files?

Last response: in Windows Vista
January 31, 2013 7:45:32 AM

Hi,
A couple of days back, I used disk cleanup to delete some old files. Unfortunately, a bunch of important excel files were among them and now I am trying to recover them. I installed Recuva and after some analysis, found that the files could be recovered, but were over-written and hence categorised as "unrecoverable". When I tried opening these "unrecoverable" files, I get an error saying that the file is corrupted and it does not proceed any further.
Is there any way I can get the excel file to be working fine again? Or at the very least retrieve the data it contained? Any help would be appreciated.
January 31, 2013 12:17:45 PM

If they've been overwritten then they are not recoverable. You just learned a valuable lesson, the hard way, about backing up important files.
Score
February 3, 2013 12:34:01 AM

Boo hoo ;(
Score
Related resources
February 7, 2013 11:15:18 AM

Hi, sorry to hear about the trouble with your deleted Excel files. :??: 

I suggest you also try the Reincubate Recover Files software, it's a new undelete tool that might prove useful, it can recover files even after the recycle bin has been emptied and even if shift+delete was used.

Every data recovery software is different, so one might find files that another might not. Give the free version a try and see if it works. Hope it helps to find what you are looking for!
Score
February 18, 2013 10:20:07 AM

livy86 said:
I suggest you also try the Reincubate Recover Files software, it's a new undelete tool that might prove useful, it can recover files even after the recycle bin has been emptied and even if shift+delete was used.

Quote:
To recover deleted excel files go for Kernel for Excel file recovery software that recover and repair corrupt or deleted
excel file of all version. To know more visit: www.repaircorruptexcel.com

No offense to these two users personally, but it does mention in one of the stickies to be wary of any new users suddenly posting links or references to a new program. As I have never heard of these two programs, I don't know.
If anyone else here can verify that these programs are safe, then by all means go ahead and download. But if that's not the case, I would be careful ;) 

This is just for the benefit of the community. As I mentioned, no offense to these users. There are some people out there who aren't as informed about such things.
Score
March 9, 2013 12:04:36 PM

If they are not well known programs, then stop suggesting them! Any recovery program will do the job for deleted files not overwritten. The OP can use whatever he/she is familiar with.\

If in a scan it stated "Not recoverable", then it's unlikely any program will do the job.
Score
!