Error on Windows Setup...Help

MsScary

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Yeah I get an Error when trying to install Windows XP. For some reason it seems to think that my HardDrive is corupt even though I have even reformated and tried to reinstall Windoze. Starting to get perty frustrated. So while you guys are at it with boot problems if you could help here i would really appreciate it.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
I assume that you have already downloaded the manufacturers tools to confirm that the drive is good, if not then do so.

If the drive is good you could try downloading Ultimate Boot CD and run Active@ KillDisk Free Edition to write zeros to the whole disk. Some of the Mfg's drive tools are on the UBCD. If they don't work get them from the Mfg's site. Additionally, you could run Memtest86+, also included on the UBCD, to check for memory errors that could be screwing with XP.

You will need to burn the UBCD ISO to CD with ISO Recorder v 2 or other ISO burning software.

Post back your results.

MsScary

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon X2 4050e 2.1GHz Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA

Sunbeam Hush PSU-HUSH580-US 580W ATX12V Power Supply

Western Digital WD400 Hard Drive

Currently has 1 gig of RAM... Will have it up and running before I decide to put any more in it.

MsScary

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Well, sorry it took sooo long for me to get back here... the problem was with the mb bios system... I finally complained enough to Gigabyte for them to have a teck guy test to see if he could get the same results. They had to back step their programing a little but got it worked out. I can tell you I have since purchased another of the same motherboards from them and they have made several advances. They now have a sturdier dock for the cpu and ram, much better heat sync for the video chipset, way better bios system that will actually boot from where ever you want it to no questions asked. The first I built is still up and running strong with the exception of the PSU... the Sunbeam Hush PSU-HUSH580-US 580W ATX12V Power Supply is a total piece of junk. Sent it back for replacement 2x and still keeps blowing. At the moment I hooked up a 375w unit and it is working just fine. I ordered another Orion HP585D. I have nothing but good things to say about that PSU. All in all if you have an older computer with atleast a 300 PSU and you use your PSU, Case, Hard Drive(w/OS), and Disk Drives... you can build a computer that will run the game Call of Duty 4 for 210$.