Good X6800 Extreme Mobo

JamesF1982

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Hello all,

I have alot of instability with my current motheboard and have decided i need to get a new one. Don't paticularly want to change any of my hardware but if i it benficial too i will.

My current hardware is as follows:

Core 2 Duo X6800 Extreme
OCZ Gold 1Gb DDR2-800
SATA HDD
SATA DVD
ATI PCI-E Graphic Card
500W PSU Antec

Can anyone recommend a good board to go with this config?

Thank you for looking.
James

You say that you are having stability problems, and you have attributed it to motherboard. It would be helpful to let us know what motherboard you are using now. It couldn't hurt to let us know what graphics card you have and the exact model of PSU you are using. The reason being we'll have a better idea of the power draw of you entire system. A lot of instability problems can be attributed to the PSU. Also RAM can be a source of instability. Are you overclocking or are you unstable at stock?

It could help by letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've taken. It would be a shame for us to advise you in getting a new motherboard to continue having the same problem.

To just throw out a suggestion for a motherboard, I've recently purchased a P5Q Deluxe. It's fantastic for overclocking and thus far is absolutely stable. If you have any intention of running CrossFire then a X38/X48 chipset would serve you better. Also you didn't really tell us what your budget is, or your plans other than getting your system stable.

Give us a few more details and we should be able to help you.

bruce555

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Wow, unless you picked it up on ebay you got a $1100 proc and just 1Gb ram?

Techgeek is right, are you at an overclock right now and you want to go higher? Where is it unstable because pretty much any chipset 965 and above should be able to get a 3.4-3.6Ghz OC easy.