Recovery data from hard disk after deleting partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
i have found that my little bro has accidentally formated my hdd and deleted partitions also then he created new partitions and installed XP. now is there any hope or a way that i can recover my previous data ????

To be honest, I would doubt it. If you had tried immediately after the disk had been formatted you might have had a chance, but not now that so many new files have been written to it.

You will have to restore your data from your backups. It's the same as if your hard disk had suddenly decided to stop working.

G

Is it possible to recover any bit of data after deleting partition and then creating new partitions ?? After that installing xp.??
i have also doubt about it but still sir do u think is there any way to back up those data .?? coz i read that after deleting partitions MBR is also deleted .! one can recover that by some software if no other action is performed on that HDD but we have little bit different case that we have created new partitions so there is new MBR now and XP is also over written on old files .!!

Its ok if i cant get full back up but Sir do u think that is there a way that i can get that old MBR information and by using old MBR can I get my old data ???? no Problem if new XP has over written on some files of size assuming 10 GB but do u think i can get back up rest of it ?????

PLZ Do reply sir .!!! Help Me .!! :(

G

thank you sir .!! :) i will try it and post it here thank you so much .! :) thank you again for your quick support :) really thank you very much :)

funnyguy2008

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Thank you sir ..!! That Worked :) i m very happy .!! once again thank you sir for your help and support :D

That recuva software worked perfectly i got my all the data and surprising thing was that size of My HDD was 180gb and that software was ready to give Back up of 1 TB ..! it means it was ready to give the data of previous's previous data Store as well as before of that .!! and i tried for that n i got some data, some data parts of like half corrupt pics etc ..!!

Thank you soo much .!! :D i really appreciate your help :D

mumummyya55

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello,
i have found that my little bro has accidentally formated my hdd and deleted partitions also then he created new partitions and installed XP. now is there any hope or a way that i can recover my previous data ????
All right! I know this thread is there for quite a long time. But I just want to share my feelings of recovering data with you.
Actually, I had ever encountered the same problem like yours last month. Therefore, I had tried a free recovery tool, which was recommended on a technology forum. The forum members write that I may not recover all of my data since I have created a new partition and done the formatting.
However, luckily I had recovered all needed data.

Status
Not open for further replies.