Sign in with
Your question

Canadians listen up newegg is comming............

Last response: in Components
July 30, 2008 4:54:50 PM

yup no more just looking in to see the prices our friends to the south get.

www.newegg.ca

lol with USA's economy in the toilet and and the canadian $ worth more then us greenback the canadian version of newegg might be cheaper. ( im using the word MIGHT really loosely so backoff flammers )

July 30, 2008 4:59:11 PM

canadaaaaaaaaaa oh canadaaaaa
July 30, 2008 5:03:18 PM

Actually the US dollar is trading at about $1.02 Canadian today so they're about equal. The prices should be about the same. Nice to have another shopping option for our Canadian friends though.

P.S. Someone might want to tell the book publishers about the exchange rate.
Related resources
July 30, 2008 5:06:04 PM

hmmm... wasn't this taked about.. oh say... 2005?? :lol: . o O (ya.. they are almost there, just give us a few more years)
July 30, 2008 5:07:48 PM

Grimmy said:
hmmm... wasn't this taked about.. oh say... 2005?? :lol: . o O (ya.. they are almost there, just give us a few more years)

Well it does say this on the site:

Quote:
Sign up for our Newegg Canada newsletter today and get front row seats for the most exciting Newegg event in 2008, the launch of Newegg Canada.
July 30, 2008 5:08:35 PM

Competition is a good thing. Once you've browsed on Newegg you wonder why so many other E-tailers have sure poor set ups.
July 30, 2008 5:15:35 PM

uguv said:
Well it does say this on the site:

Quote:
Sign up for our Newegg Canada newsletter today and get front row seats for the most exciting Newegg event in 2008, the launch of Newegg Canada.

Ya.. I saw that, I was thinking in the past.

But I wonder how the shipping fee's will apply, even though they would get good prices on stuff.

Hopefully you guys up there in Canada will have another option to get your PC goodies.... from USA's California NewEgg Store. :D 
July 30, 2008 5:36:50 PM

wasn't this "confirmed" about 3 years ago? :p 

well anyways i'm very excited about this. but hopefully their prices will be good and shipping won't be ridiculous. tigerdirect.ca charges insane amounts for shipping.
July 30, 2008 5:49:19 PM

I've used NCIX to ship here to the US before and aside from the expected high shipping costs, their service was great.
July 30, 2008 6:01:22 PM

Good news!

BTW, if you like NCIX, then try www.directcanada.com, which if I understand correctly, is the same bunch of guys.

They often beat Newegg or NCIX on price, and they offer free shipping on $300 and above order. Newegg probably have a better customer support and have more product available.
July 30, 2008 6:01:36 PM

who cares...

http://www.ncix.com/
or
http://www.tigerdirect.ca

The only reason i ever go to Newegg is to get links for the Americans since they all shop there. I like NCIX far better then newegg, navigation is easier, faster.

July 30, 2008 6:01:41 PM

I use ncix, it's great, usually get 1-2 day shipping because i'm impatient..
July 30, 2008 6:10:45 PM

Nik_I said:
wasn't this "confirmed" about 3 years ago? :p 

well anyways i'm very excited about this. but hopefully their prices will be good and shipping won't be ridiculous. tigerdirect.ca charges insane amounts for shipping.

try scan.co.uk - where I live, they would charge me £50 for delivery!
July 30, 2008 6:10:51 PM

I guess I'm lucky I live near a Microcenter. Don't really have to online shop for computer parts.
July 31, 2008 2:39:31 PM

newegg is coomng to Canada
but when?
July 31, 2008 5:54:34 PM

sweet. i also use ncix canada.. but more competition is good for us canucks... eh?

what get me is with the us and canadian dollars at roughly par, ncix-us has better prices than ncix.ca
July 31, 2008 6:30:09 PM

Damn Canadians, they already have one of my favorite review sites, Hardware Canucks, and now this....
!