AMD Volting software?

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
So im on the hunt for software that can up my volts...eek out some more mhz to my x2...

AMD X2 4400+ with a software overclock of 400mhz

Paired with a bunch of other nice parts as well...

ATM i have some cheap infineon ram in the system do you guys think if i threw some new corsair ram probably 4gbs as to give me a bit more leadway in gta iv as well...anyways do you think it might help somewhat with the overclocking...i of course need to upgrade the ram anyways im just wondering as to if it will help..

Anyways im simply on the lookout for some software that will let me up my voltage a little...thanks

unclefester

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Give AOD (AMD OverDrive) a try. Installing better RAM may give you a slight increase in performance, but should give you more OverClocking ability (headroom) and raise your frame rates on the lower end (ie... help to keep from dropping frames or stuttering) .

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Thanks i will give it a try

And i believe il go ahead and grab some ram tonight as i need some new mouse pads :??:

Im so impressed with what this system has given so far...with my 9800GTX+ @ 830mhz core @ 2058mhz shader and memory @ 1230 with a fan speed of 60-70% the card sits at 50-53c whilst taking gta iv like a MAN!...and plays settings are
1280x1024
5:4
Medium textures
Low Reflection resolution
Medium water quality
No shadows...only because they look so bad even on medium :(
Medium texture filtering
View distance at 50 :D
Detail distance at 70
and vehicle distance is about 40

And it never goes below 25fps even in the rain whilst fighting hordes of swat and bacon....i don't mind medium textures since i get the nice draw distance :)

Anways i know i shouldn't expect alot but im quite sure the ram i am using is definitely stopping the overclock somewhat....but from all of my searching alot of users where lucky to get to 2.6ghz without a volt mod :sweat: maybe by the luck of the gods i could asertain 2.8ghz....but i don't see it happening :heink:

I'm not sure what it is...my signature rig runs gta iv pretty well and i enjoy it..but i have so much more fun seeing just how far i can push this little 4400 and 9800 combo its unreal....thehe spent all day tweaking windows and defragmenting hdds and gta iv's game files...gave me 5-7 fps

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Well i like an idiot never thought to think outside of my own box....ie my signature rig has some sweet high quality g.skill ram with 4 cas latency and 4 timings....anyways dropped both 2gbs modules into my system and it detected the annoying 3gbs of ram and gpu ram the way it does

So i tried overclocking via clockgen....not even 50+mhz is stable...not sure if i can do anymore overclocking then what i had before so that was a bit of a bummer...amd overdrive only supports 7 series chipsets so mine is 100% not compatible...even with some versions that added limited support to other boards it was a no go

Ntune had no affect at all and wouldn't let me touch anything either....also not compatible

Well il probably buy some ram soon but at the moment im happy with the performance....im also saving to pay for my summer school.....i kind of slacked off so iv decided to take a guilt tripless way out and pay for it myself...maybe i can actually learn something :na:

rewindlabs

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Considering im already using a software overclock as well what would that lead you to believe :??: