john317

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
Hey all,
I got a new rig a couple of months back (check my system under name) and everything was going great up until a month ago, games started to crash and i would get the blue screen of death, computer would freeze when surfing or browsing files on pc and then it would not boot up:surrender: So i decided to send the mobo back and got a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L as a replacement, at first i thought everything was back to normal, no more blue screens or freezes, then after a few days it happened again. I was told that Gigabyte boards have memory compatability issues with some major brands and Crucial was one of them. So i sent my second board back within a week and got a refund, so i thought i would try another board. This time i went for the MSI P7N SLI Platinum, third board in the space of two weeks, due to good reviews on many websites and on Tomshardware, the later i have found in the past to have trust worthy reviews. To my annoyance after the build the pc would not boot! i checked everything from the ram, brand new, cpu, only 3 months old and pins perfect, and graphics card, again only 3 months old, none of these components were to blame the mobo was faulty(after checking on the msi forum).

So after all that i thought i better ask for some advice before purchasing another board.

Mobo Requirements:

1. Supports 45nm Processors
2. Supports Crucial Memory PC2-8500
3. Has PCI Express
4. Reliable and Durable
5. Costs no more than £100
6. Does not need all the fancy features like 3 PCI Express slots, Fireware etc

Any suggestions would be much appreciated:) i dont think i could handle

Sounds like a RAM problem to me. Lower your RAM timings. If that fixes it then RMA your RAM and tell them that it doesn't work at the advertised speeds and timings. Your motherboard should be fine, but I guess for now you could also increase your RAM voltage by .1 if you don't want to lower the timings.