VIDEO?? for older Asus a7v133 board with 1mg process or an..

Last response: in Video Games
August 14, 2005 6:33:55 PM

VIDEO?? for older Asus a7v133 board with 1mg process or and 512 memory

Hi folks. I have an a7v133 board with 512 memory, and amd 1gig
processor.

I tried putting radeon ati 9800 ati card in this machine but It is not
compatible. What vid board can I get to run coh/cov with this mother
board?

I run nt2000 on this machine.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:24:06 AM

"jds@home.com" <jds@home.com> wrote in

> yes, actually i did everything imaginable. i think its a different
> agp. i have agp2 or something and it requires a higher version.
>
> i tried new motherboard firmware, new agp firmware, to no avail.
>
> so im loooking for another card maybe even a pci card so my wife
> and i can play on the same net. Wed like to team up.

Silly question: power supply big enough?

My ATI x800 Pro required my to upgrade from my 250 to a 450 power
supply.

My PCI ATI is a 9200 and it runs CoH fine
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 4:07:44 PM

im quite sure its not the power supply. the mother board beeps 3 or 4
times at post time. There is an incompatibility between the card which
is agp 4? or 3... and my mother board bios...which i upgraded and the
firmware... upgraded... and its still happens.

so? again?

Im looking for a compatible pci card to run coh, cov, and farcry. any
suggestions?
Related resources
August 16, 2005 4:48:44 PM

"J Anlee" <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "jds@home.com" <jds@home.com> wrote in
>
>> so im loooking for another card maybe even a pci card so my wife
>> and i can play on the same net. Wed like to team up.
>

> Silly question: power supply big enough?
>
> My ATI x800 Pro required my to upgrade from my 250 to a 450 power
> supply.
>
> My PCI ATI is a 9200 and it runs CoH fine

When I built my PC, I had a 9800 Pro card and had the same issue with the
power supply. I'd get random lock ups when CoH was running and so forth.
Upgraded to a 550 watt and it's been great since.

So...I'll bump the power supply suggestion.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:14:13 AM

"jodasi" <jodasi@hotmail.com> looked up from reading the entrails of the
porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>im quite sure its not the power supply. the mother board beeps 3 or 4
>times at post time. There is an incompatibility between the card which
>is agp 4? or 3... and my mother board bios...which i upgraded and the
>firmware... upgraded... and its still happens.

Have you tested the video card in another machine and confirmed that it
actually works?

A quick check with google say the a7v133 has an AGP pro slot that should
be able to handle a variety of different agp levels and voltage levels.

Google also shows that people have run ati9800 AGP cards in an a7v133
motherboard.

So, has the card actually been shown to work?
Were all drivers etc totally removed before the installation?
[Uninstalling may NOT remove all traces and this can cause problems when
switching between manufacturers.]
Does the system actually have enough power to run it?
We don't know what your power supply is, nor what peripherals you have
installed?
Is the system overclocked?

>so? again?

>Im looking for a compatible pci card to run coh, cov, and farcry. any
>suggestions?

You probably aren't going to have much luck with that since PCI has
largely been abandoned by manufacturers and the card that were made for
it near the end tended to be the low end.

Xocyll