Corsair Dominator Timings - 8GB

Hi.

I just updated the BIOS on my EP45-DS3R to F9 and even with the same settings my memory benchmarks have gone down. In particular latency has increased from 60ns to 72ns. I noticed that the memory timings in the new BIOS are slightly different than before. Should I change any of these:

Current timings: 5-5-5-15
trrd 3
twtr 4
twr 4
trfc 55
trtp 4
cr 2
Channel A (or B) Timing
Static t-read 8
trd phase 0 Auto
trd phase 1 Auto
trd phase 2 Auto
trd phase 3 Auto

trd 2rd(Different rank) Auto
trd2wr (Different rank) Auto
twr2rd (Different rank) Auto
twr2wr (Same/Different rank) Auto

Dimm1 Clock Skew Auto
Dimm2 Clock Skew Auto

The same settings for Channel A and B

My memory is 8GB (4 x 2GB) Corsair Dominator PC8500 currently running at 333MHz x 2.4 (1020 MHz). My CPU is a Q9450 at 3.4GHz (425 x 8)
1 answer Last reply
More about corsair dominator timings
  1. Those settings still look very solid to me. Most likely the new bios had some changes geared for stability that increased the overall chipset/MCH latencies. Not much you can do about it except possibly try tweaking some/all of those sub-timings you listed. It's tedious and time consuming and unfortunately the only way to know is to tweak, test, repeat.

The main one I see that you "might" benefit from is lowering the tRFC. What are you options for it? But, I am not sure how low you can go running 4 modules.

Also, have you tried a higher FSB setting with the new bios? Your memory is still underclocked and there is no substitute for pure speed.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Corsair Dominator BIOS