Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Noise coming from Hard Drive

Last response: in Storage
October 7, 2009 3:25:53 AM

After my last hard drive went bad, i got a new one with the RMA from Western Digital. However, when i installed the new hard drive, i hear a noise that kind of sounds like a wire hitting a fan, but a little different and it only happens when the hard drive is loading something. I brought my computer to a shop, but they told me that they tested the hard drive and that it was fine and that they didnt hear any noise. I am positive that there is a noise, and i dont know what to do at this moment. I am just wondering if this is an issue that i should be really concerned about. I think it is the hard drive because i have checked all of the fans in the case, with no wires hitting the fans, and as i stated before, the noise only happens when the hdd is loading something. This is a computer i built myself, so no help from any manufacturer..........
October 7, 2009 7:29:55 AM

IMHO It is something you should be concerned about.

Please, please do not store data of any value on this hard drive. Either buy a brand new [not refurbished or anything like that] hard drive or insist on obtaining a replacement for this one asap.............

m
l

Best solution

a c 371 G Storage
October 7, 2009 5:56:14 PM

Download the data lifeguard diagnostics from WD and see if they turn up anything.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=6&la...
!