Address bar in Taskbar

I found that I can put the address bar below w/ the quick launch and
shortcuts. However when I type an address (URL) into the bar it pops open a
blank IE window and doens't take me to the URL. Suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about address taskbar

    Does the same URL typed in Start | Run or the Address Bar of Internet
    Explorer work?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:CE637A1D-3CAF-4E16-B6EE-7C8BD4FC8ABC@microsoft.com,
    coleman <coleman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I found that I can put the address bar below w/ the quick launch and
    > shortcuts. However when I type an address (URL) into the bar it pops
    > open a blank IE window and doens't take me to the URL. Suggestions?

    Yes it is a working URL.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Does the same URL typed in Start | Run or the Address Bar of Internet
    > Explorer work?
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:CE637A1D-3CAF-4E16-B6EE-7C8BD4FC8ABC@microsoft.com,
    > coleman <coleman@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > I found that I can put the address bar below w/ the quick launch and
    > > shortcuts. However when I type an address (URL) into the bar it pops
    > > open a blank IE window and doens't take me to the URL. Suggestions?

Taskbar Browsers Microsoft Quick Launch Internet Explorer Windows XP